Aug 14, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Paul George is switching numbers when he returns, he will go to No. 13. So then we can all call him PG-13. It’s all about the marketing.
Because of when he applied (and the fact he is likely out for all of next season) George was not required to buy all the old 24 gear on the NBA.com marketplace. But he did anyway.
Then he donated it to his high school, Pete Knight High School in Palmdale, California (an hour north of Los Angeles). Darren Rovel of ESPN first noticed it and NBA.com’s All Ball blog collected some of the tweets from the high school that got the gear, and from George himself.
Well done Paul George. Classy move.
Now recover so you get back on the court.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15