Aug 14, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Paul George is switching numbers when he returns, he will go to No. 13. So then we can all call him PG-13. It’s all about the marketing.
Because of when he applied (and the fact he is likely out for all of next season) George was not required to buy all the old 24 gear on the NBA.com marketplace. But he did anyway.
Then he donated it to his high school, Pete Knight High School in Palmdale, California (an hour north of Los Angeles). Darren Rovel of ESPN first noticed it and NBA.com’s All Ball blog collected some of the tweets from the high school that got the gear, and from George himself.
Well done Paul George. Classy move.
Now recover so you get back on the court.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 16
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15