Aug 14, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
Paul George is switching numbers when he returns, he will go to No. 13. So then we can all call him PG-13. It’s all about the marketing.
Because of when he applied (and the fact he is likely out for all of next season) George was not required to buy all the old 24 gear on the NBA.com marketplace. But he did anyway.
Then he donated it to his high school, Pete Knight High School in Palmdale, California (an hour north of Los Angeles). Darren Rovel of ESPN first noticed it and NBA.com’s All Ball blog collected some of the tweets from the high school that got the gear, and from George himself.
Well done Paul George. Classy move.
Now recover so you get back on the court.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5