Aug 14, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
Paul George is switching numbers when he returns, he will go to No. 13. So then we can all call him PG-13. It’s all about the marketing.
Because of when he applied (and the fact he is likely out for all of next season) George was not required to buy all the old 24 gear on the NBA.com marketplace. But he did anyway.
Then he donated it to his high school, Pete Knight High School in Palmdale, California (an hour north of Los Angeles). Darren Rovel of ESPN first noticed it and NBA.com’s All Ball blog collected some of the tweets from the high school that got the gear, and from George himself.
Well done Paul George. Classy move.
Now recover so you get back on the court.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 10
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 17
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19