Aug 14, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
No one man should have all that power… so Derrick Rose wants to collaborate.
With Kanye West. A fellow Chicagoan.
Kanye jumped ship from Nike to adidas last December. Derrick Rose just launched his latest signature adidas shoe, the D Rose 5s (with boost technology) and, when he’s not working out with Team USA, he’s promoting those shoes around the globe. As part of that Rose spoke to The Shoe Game and when they asked him about Kanye joining adidas, Rose was pumped. (Hat tip SLAM)
“It was great hearing that they signed him because him, everything he’s doing, him being an icon, his music, him loving fashion and signing with adidas is just huge step for us, man.
“I hope I have time to colab with him, that would be pretty cool… I’d probably have to wait on that and get the okay from adidas after his shoe comes out.”
My first thought is, I don’t know what Kanye’s shoe is going to look like but I feel safe is saying it’s not something I could pull off wearing.
This partnership has potential, however. I guess. Earlier on in the interview with The Shoe Game Rose talked about growing up poor and only being able to afford one pair of shoes, so he made sure it was something he could play basketball in and still wear out just as a shoe. He said he has that in mind when helping develop his current shoes.
Kanye’s touch could add to that… not that most of us can pull off that look.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34