Aug 14, 2014, 3:13 PM EDT
No one man should have all that power… so Derrick Rose wants to collaborate.
With Kanye West. A fellow Chicagoan.
Kanye jumped ship from Nike to adidas last December. Derrick Rose just launched his latest signature adidas shoe, the D Rose 5s (with boost technology) and, when he’s not working out with Team USA, he’s promoting those shoes around the globe. As part of that Rose spoke to The Shoe Game and when they asked him about Kanye joining adidas, Rose was pumped. (Hat tip SLAM)
“It was great hearing that they signed him because him, everything he’s doing, him being an icon, his music, him loving fashion and signing with adidas is just huge step for us, man.
“I hope I have time to colab with him, that would be pretty cool… I’d probably have to wait on that and get the okay from adidas after his shoe comes out.”
My first thought is, I don’t know what Kanye’s shoe is going to look like but I feel safe is saying it’s not something I could pull off wearing.
This partnership has potential, however. I guess. Earlier on in the interview with The Shoe Game Rose talked about growing up poor and only being able to afford one pair of shoes, so he made sure it was something he could play basketball in and still wear out just as a shoe. He said he has that in mind when helping develop his current shoes.
Kanye’s touch could add to that… not that most of us can pull off that look.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 27
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 50
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28