Aug 13, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Chicagoans love their pizza (which is better than New York pizza, for the record)….
• About that Kevin Love having never won a playoff game thing…
• While we’re breaking out “why Love will work” in Cleveland videos…
• Adam Silver and the NBA need to come down harder on domestic violence than the NFL has. (That said, Silver can’t really punish Greg Oden because he isn’t signed to a team (and likely will not be this season now).
• Legendary trainer Tim Grover on whether you should drink alcohol while on a training regimen. Come on, what did you think the answer would be? And do you think Michael Jordan followed this advice?
• NBA 2K15 soundtrack, anyone?
• Fun read from ESPN’s Dave McMenamin on the USA Basketball fantasy camp.
• After he played well for them at Summer League in Orlando, the 76ers are expected to sign forward Ronald Roberts Jr., although how much of that deal is guaranteed remains to be seen.
• The Bucks are offering a ticket plan on selected seats next season where if you buy the 2014-15 season, you get the 2015-16 season at at discount based on how many games you attend — show up to enough and you get next season free. That is a heck of a deal, but after last season the Bucks need to do something to drum up sales.
• Josh Childress will play next season in Australia (and likely dominate there).
• The Kings have signed undrafted point guard Deonte Burton and invited him to camp, but this is a make-good contract.
• Suns second round pick Alec Brown plans to play for Obradoiro in the Spanish League next season.
• Finally, Tony Wroten dropping a guy at a summer run.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14