Aug 13, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Nick Collison is beloved by Thunder fans for his fearless aggressiveness under the basket, and a symbol of the way he plays is being auctioned off for charity by the team’s foundation.
On April 3 in a game against the San Antonio Spurs, Collison took an elbow to the head and began to bleed like a WWF wrestler from the 1990s.
There was so much blood that plenty of it dripped onto his shoes — which have now been autographed, and can be yours for the right price.
From Erik Horne of NewsOK.com:
Nick Collison’s game-worn shoes from the April 3 game against the San Antonio Spurs are up for bid as part of the Thunder Cares August Auction. You might ask: What’s so special about these particular shoes?
Well, for starters, they have NICK COLLISON’S BLOOD ON THEM.
A brief description from the bidding website:
“Oklahoma City Thunder forward/center Nick Collison wore these shoes during the April 3, 2014, Thunder home game against the San Antonio Spurs. During the game, Collison took a hit to the head, resulting in a cut that left several drops of blood on these shoes, which Collison later autographed.”
If it isn’t wrong to sell blood-stained items to the general public, it seems fairly disgusting if nothing else.
Check out a couple of photos below in case you are
deranged in some way interested.
The current bid is $800.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7