Aug 13, 2014, 9:58 AM EDT
Nick Collison is beloved by Thunder fans for his fearless aggressiveness under the basket, and a symbol of the way he plays is being auctioned off for charity by the team’s foundation.
On April 3 in a game against the San Antonio Spurs, Collison took an elbow to the head and began to bleed like a WWF wrestler from the 1990s.
There was so much blood that plenty of it dripped onto his shoes — which have now been autographed, and can be yours for the right price.
From Erik Horne of NewsOK.com:
Nick Collison’s game-worn shoes from the April 3 game against the San Antonio Spurs are up for bid as part of the Thunder Cares August Auction. You might ask: What’s so special about these particular shoes?
Well, for starters, they have NICK COLLISON’S BLOOD ON THEM.
A brief description from the bidding website:
“Oklahoma City Thunder forward/center Nick Collison wore these shoes during the April 3, 2014, Thunder home game against the San Antonio Spurs. During the game, Collison took a hit to the head, resulting in a cut that left several drops of blood on these shoes, which Collison later autographed.”
If it isn’t wrong to sell blood-stained items to the general public, it seems fairly disgusting if nothing else.
Check out a couple of photos below in case you are
deranged in some way interested.
The current bid is $800.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14