Aug 13, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
This summer people around the nation are dumping buckets of ice water on their heads, all for a good cause — all to raise money and awareness for ALS. And it’s working. The idea has gone viral, people everywhere are dumping ice water on themselves and more importantly donations are way up to a very good cause, riding the world of ALS.
Now Team USA basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski is getting in on the act. He had his grandchildren dump ice water on him. I love that at the end one of them wants to do it again.
Best yet, he challenged the rest of Team USA to step up and do it when they are in West Point (where Krzyzewski used to coach) for training next week. That should be quality video.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90