Aug 13, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
This summer people around the nation are dumping buckets of ice water on their heads, all for a good cause — all to raise money and awareness for ALS. And it’s working. The idea has gone viral, people everywhere are dumping ice water on themselves and more importantly donations are way up to a very good cause, riding the world of ALS.
Now Team USA basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski is getting in on the act. He had his grandchildren dump ice water on him. I love that at the end one of them wants to do it again.
Best yet, he challenged the rest of Team USA to step up and do it when they are in West Point (where Krzyzewski used to coach) for training next week. That should be quality video.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 5
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 21
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 26
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 29
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 39
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29