Aug 13, 2014, 3:22 PM EDT
This summer people around the nation are dumping buckets of ice water on their heads, all for a good cause — all to raise money and awareness for ALS. And it’s working. The idea has gone viral, people everywhere are dumping ice water on themselves and more importantly donations are way up to a very good cause, riding the world of ALS.
Now Team USA basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski is getting in on the act. He had his grandchildren dump ice water on him. I love that at the end one of them wants to do it again.
Best yet, he challenged the rest of Team USA to step up and do it when they are in West Point (where Krzyzewski used to coach) for training next week. That should be quality video.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 12
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28