Aug 13, 2014, 3:22 PM EST
This summer people around the nation are dumping buckets of ice water on their heads, all for a good cause — all to raise money and awareness for ALS. And it’s working. The idea has gone viral, people everywhere are dumping ice water on themselves and more importantly donations are way up to a very good cause, riding the world of ALS.
Now Team USA basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski is getting in on the act. He had his grandchildren dump ice water on him. I love that at the end one of them wants to do it again.
Best yet, he challenged the rest of Team USA to step up and do it when they are in West Point (where Krzyzewski used to coach) for training next week. That should be quality video.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6