Aug 13, 2014, 3:22 PM EST
This summer people around the nation are dumping buckets of ice water on their heads, all for a good cause — all to raise money and awareness for ALS. And it’s working. The idea has gone viral, people everywhere are dumping ice water on themselves and more importantly donations are way up to a very good cause, riding the world of ALS.
Now Team USA basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski is getting in on the act. He had his grandchildren dump ice water on him. I love that at the end one of them wants to do it again.
Best yet, he challenged the rest of Team USA to step up and do it when they are in West Point (where Krzyzewski used to coach) for training next week. That should be quality video.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35