Aug 13, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
The NBA schedule officially comes out in a few hours as things get closer we are learning more and more details about the schedule.
The biggest off-season move was LeBron James returning to Cleveland and bringing the balance of power with him. Now we learn he is going to start the season at home, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
LeBron James’ first game back with the Cleveland Cavaliers will be at home on Oct. 30 against the New York Knicks, according to a league source. The game features the league’s hottest two commodities during this summer’s free-agency period.
There had been rumors that the Cavs would play opening night, Oct. 28, against the Spurs. But instead it will be Dallas that gets to see banner number five go up in San Antonio, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
As for the unofficial tip off of the season on Christmas Day…
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 24
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 59
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6