Aug 13, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
The NBA schedule officially comes out in a few hours as things get closer we are learning more and more details about the schedule.
The biggest off-season move was LeBron James returning to Cleveland and bringing the balance of power with him. Now we learn he is going to start the season at home, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
LeBron James’ first game back with the Cleveland Cavaliers will be at home on Oct. 30 against the New York Knicks, according to a league source. The game features the league’s hottest two commodities during this summer’s free-agency period.
There had been rumors that the Cavs would play opening night, Oct. 28, against the Spurs. But instead it will be Dallas that gets to see banner number five go up in San Antonio, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
As for the unofficial tip off of the season on Christmas Day…
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23