Aug 13, 2014, 2:13 PM EST
The NBA schedule officially comes out in a few hours as things get closer we are learning more and more details about the schedule.
The biggest off-season move was LeBron James returning to Cleveland and bringing the balance of power with him. Now we learn he is going to start the season at home, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
LeBron James’ first game back with the Cleveland Cavaliers will be at home on Oct. 30 against the New York Knicks, according to a league source. The game features the league’s hottest two commodities during this summer’s free-agency period.
There had been rumors that the Cavs would play opening night, Oct. 28, against the Spurs. But instead it will be Dallas that gets to see banner number five go up in San Antonio, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
As for the unofficial tip off of the season on Christmas Day…
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14