Aug 13, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
The NBA schedule officially comes out in a few hours as things get closer we are learning more and more details about the schedule.
The biggest off-season move was LeBron James returning to Cleveland and bringing the balance of power with him. Now we learn he is going to start the season at home, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
LeBron James’ first game back with the Cleveland Cavaliers will be at home on Oct. 30 against the New York Knicks, according to a league source. The game features the league’s hottest two commodities during this summer’s free-agency period.
There had been rumors that the Cavs would play opening night, Oct. 28, against the Spurs. But instead it will be Dallas that gets to see banner number five go up in San Antonio, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
As for the unofficial tip off of the season on Christmas Day…
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15