Aug 13, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
The NBA schedule officially comes out in a few hours as things get closer we are learning more and more details about the schedule.
The biggest off-season move was LeBron James returning to Cleveland and bringing the balance of power with him. Now we learn he is going to start the season at home, reports Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
LeBron James’ first game back with the Cleveland Cavaliers will be at home on Oct. 30 against the New York Knicks, according to a league source. The game features the league’s hottest two commodities during this summer’s free-agency period.
There had been rumors that the Cavs would play opening night, Oct. 28, against the Spurs. But instead it will be Dallas that gets to see banner number five go up in San Antonio, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
As for the unofficial tip off of the season on Christmas Day…
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9