Aug 13, 2014, 12:25 AM EST
Wednesday we’re going to find out what games we are going make the family watch on Christmas Day, which piss off our drunk uncle who will complain about how basketball was “better back in his day.”
Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET the NBA will announce the league’s schedule for next season in a special on NBA TV. That show will highlight the marquee games of the season — starting with the Oct. 28 double header tip off — and by the time it is over all the teams in the NBA will have released their schedule.
But some things are starting to leak out. Here is what we know.
• Christmas Day will feature five games and we apparently know all of them: Cavaliers and LeBron James at the Miami Heat (likely one of the two ABC marquee games); the Thunder and Spurs face off according to Darnell Mayberry of the Oklahoman (likely the other ABC game); the Clippers and Warriors (likely the last game of the night, as it was last year); the Knicks and the Wizards (likely the first day of the game); and the Bulls and Lakers (reportedly in Chicago).
• The Oct. 28 double header to open the season will feature the Spurs in one game, according to multiple reports, although there seems to be a split between whether the Cavaliers or Mavericks are the opponents (the Cavaliers make more marketing sense). The late game is reportedly the Rockets and Clippers.
• The Knicks reportedly will open their season with a brutal back-to-back of the Bulls and then Cavaliers.
• The NBA will play two regular season games overseas, both on Nov. 12 — the Rockets and Timberwolves in Mexico City, and the Knicks and Bucks (coached by Jason Kidd) in London.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 0
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 17
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13