Aug 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
It was impressive — 30,000 people turned out in Akron to welcome LeBron James back to Ohio and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
This felt different and lacked the backlash of the big “welcome to Miami” pep rally when LeBron and Chris Bosh joined Dwyane Wade in Miami. For one, there were no brash “not three, not four, etc..” statements, there were not the same pyrotechnics (literally and figuratively). LeBron has been careful to tamp down expectations this time around (if I can win just one title for northeast Ohio…). Secondly, people love the coming home story in a way they never accepted that he and some fellow players decided to make their own destiny in a sunny, sexy location.
All is forgiven in Ohio. And it’s safe to say he’s going to bring home a title or two.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15