Aug 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
CHICAGO — The newest edition of the flagship sneaker from Jordan Brand has a September release date, but the company had a group of media members out to Chicago this week to put it through its paces, while giving those participating an amazing experience.
The Air Jordan XX8 set the standard for performance in basketball footwear when it was released about 18 months ago, and improving upon it is no small task. But that’s what was attempted with the Jordan XX9, and few will be disappointed with the end result.
I broke down some first impressions after playing a couple of games in them on Tuesday — at Michael Jordan’s house.
More on that later in the full recap of the experience, but for now, check out my initial review in the video clip above.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32