Aug 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
CHICAGO — The newest edition of the flagship sneaker from Jordan Brand has a September release date, but the company had a group of media members out to Chicago this week to put it through its paces, while giving those participating an amazing experience.
The Air Jordan XX8 set the standard for performance in basketball footwear when it was released about 18 months ago, and improving upon it is no small task. But that’s what was attempted with the Jordan XX9, and few will be disappointed with the end result.
I broke down some first impressions after playing a couple of games in them on Tuesday — at Michael Jordan’s house.
More on that later in the full recap of the experience, but for now, check out my initial review in the video clip above.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 17
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 9
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36