Aug 13, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
CHICAGO – The newest edition of the flagship sneaker from Jordan Brand has a September release date, but the company had a group of media members out to Chicago this week to put it through its paces, while giving those participating an amazing experience.
The Air Jordan XX8 set the standard for performance in basketball footwear when it was released about 18 months ago, and improving upon it is no small task. But that’s what was attempted with the Jordan XX9, and few will be disappointed with the end result.
I broke down some first impressions after playing a couple of games in them on Tuesday — at Michael Jordan’s house.
More on that later in the full recap of the experience, but for now, check out my initial review in the video clip above.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8