Aug 12, 2014, 10:18 AM EST
A guy named Young Hollywood won the Drew League’s dunk contest out in Los Angeles (one of the nation’s top pro-am runs), beating out a guy named “Airdogg” among others.
Is it just me, or does that look better than the NBA Dunk Contest?
There is a lot of buzz looking forward to this year’s dunk contest with impressive dunkers like Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins (soon to both be of the Timberwolves) entering the league. There is a lot of potential.
But personally, I still want to see the league open the door and let a couple of the guys from the professional dunking circuit in. I get the NBA wants to showcase the NBA players that weekend, but their players have a day job that isn’t coming up with new and impressive dunks. What we all want to see is great dunks, we’re not going to think less of NBA players if those come from Young Hollywood or Airdogg.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 3
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10