Aug 12, 2014, 10:18 AM EST
A guy named Young Hollywood won the Drew League’s dunk contest out in Los Angeles (one of the nation’s top pro-am runs), beating out a guy named “Airdogg” among others.
Is it just me, or does that look better than the NBA Dunk Contest?
There is a lot of buzz looking forward to this year’s dunk contest with impressive dunkers like Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins (soon to both be of the Timberwolves) entering the league. There is a lot of potential.
But personally, I still want to see the league open the door and let a couple of the guys from the professional dunking circuit in. I get the NBA wants to showcase the NBA players that weekend, but their players have a day job that isn’t coming up with new and impressive dunks. What we all want to see is great dunks, we’re not going to think less of NBA players if those come from Young Hollywood or Airdogg.
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 6
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5