Aug 12, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
A guy named Young Hollywood won the Drew League’s dunk contest out in Los Angeles (one of the nation’s top pro-am runs), beating out a guy named “Airdogg” among others.
Is it just me, or does that look better than the NBA Dunk Contest?
There is a lot of buzz looking forward to this year’s dunk contest with impressive dunkers like Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins (soon to both be of the Timberwolves) entering the league. There is a lot of potential.
But personally, I still want to see the league open the door and let a couple of the guys from the professional dunking circuit in. I get the NBA wants to showcase the NBA players that weekend, but their players have a day job that isn’t coming up with new and impressive dunks. What we all want to see is great dunks, we’re not going to think less of NBA players if those come from Young Hollywood or Airdogg.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42