Aug 12, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
A guy named Young Hollywood won the Drew League’s dunk contest out in Los Angeles (one of the nation’s top pro-am runs), beating out a guy named “Airdogg” among others.
Is it just me, or does that look better than the NBA Dunk Contest?
There is a lot of buzz looking forward to this year’s dunk contest with impressive dunkers like Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins (soon to both be of the Timberwolves) entering the league. There is a lot of potential.
But personally, I still want to see the league open the door and let a couple of the guys from the professional dunking circuit in. I get the NBA wants to showcase the NBA players that weekend, but their players have a day job that isn’t coming up with new and impressive dunks. What we all want to see is great dunks, we’re not going to think less of NBA players if those come from Young Hollywood or Airdogg.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 11
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 9
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13