Aug 12, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
A guy named Young Hollywood won the Drew League’s dunk contest out in Los Angeles (one of the nation’s top pro-am runs), beating out a guy named “Airdogg” among others.
Is it just me, or does that look better than the NBA Dunk Contest?
There is a lot of buzz looking forward to this year’s dunk contest with impressive dunkers like Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins (soon to both be of the Timberwolves) entering the league. There is a lot of potential.
But personally, I still want to see the league open the door and let a couple of the guys from the professional dunking circuit in. I get the NBA wants to showcase the NBA players that weekend, but their players have a day job that isn’t coming up with new and impressive dunks. What we all want to see is great dunks, we’re not going to think less of NBA players if those come from Young Hollywood or Airdogg.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 0
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 4
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16