Aug 12, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Thabo Sefolosha was the Thunder’s reliable “3 and D” guy, until his three point shot became unreliable. The guy who had shot better than 40 percent the two previous seasons in Oklahoma City shot 31.6 percent from three last year and found himself a free agent without much demand.
He’s looking for a bounce back year with the Hawks, likely coming off the bench behind Kyle Korver.
Sefolosha did not play in the first Swiss game, an upset of Russia. He says he dropping out because of the injury risk and wanting to focus on the next NBA season.
If he bounces back next season to anywhere close to where he was a couple seasons ago the Hawks picked up a value at three years, $12 million. If not he’s going to bounce around in a lot of trades. It’s on him now.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 0
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 6
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 48
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4