Aug 12, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Thabo Sefolosha was the Thunder’s reliable “3 and D” guy, until his three point shot became unreliable. The guy who had shot better than 40 percent the two previous seasons in Oklahoma City shot 31.6 percent from three last year and found himself a free agent without much demand.
He’s looking for a bounce back year with the Hawks, likely coming off the bench behind Kyle Korver.
Sefolosha did not play in the first Swiss game, an upset of Russia. He says he dropping out because of the injury risk and wanting to focus on the next NBA season.
If he bounces back next season to anywhere close to where he was a couple seasons ago the Hawks picked up a value at three years, $12 million. If not he’s going to bounce around in a lot of trades. It’s on him now.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 5
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 10
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 4
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18