Aug 12, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
Thabo Sefolosha was the Thunder’s reliable “3 and D” guy, until his three point shot became unreliable. The guy who had shot better than 40 percent the two previous seasons in Oklahoma City shot 31.6 percent from three last year and found himself a free agent without much demand.
He’s looking for a bounce back year with the Hawks, likely coming off the bench behind Kyle Korver.
Sefolosha did not play in the first Swiss game, an upset of Russia. He says he dropping out because of the injury risk and wanting to focus on the next NBA season.
If he bounces back next season to anywhere close to where he was a couple seasons ago the Hawks picked up a value at three years, $12 million. If not he’s going to bounce around in a lot of trades. It’s on him now.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 13
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0