Aug 12, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Thabo Sefolosha was the Thunder’s reliable “3 and D” guy, until his three point shot became unreliable. The guy who had shot better than 40 percent the two previous seasons in Oklahoma City shot 31.6 percent from three last year and found himself a free agent without much demand.
He’s looking for a bounce back year with the Hawks, likely coming off the bench behind Kyle Korver.
Sefolosha did not play in the first Swiss game, an upset of Russia. He says he dropping out because of the injury risk and wanting to focus on the next NBA season.
If he bounces back next season to anywhere close to where he was a couple seasons ago the Hawks picked up a value at three years, $12 million. If not he’s going to bounce around in a lot of trades. It’s on him now.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9