Aug 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Toure Murry barely got on the court last season with the Knicks, but in his limited minutes he showed potential. He had a couple strong games late in the season scoring in double digits, he paired will with Iman Shumpert and generally looked like a big guard who maybe could develop into a rotation player.
Looks like the Jazz may be the team to find that out.
Nothing is finalized but there is this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
The Jazz are a team who brought in Quin Snyder as coach to develop all their young talent — Gordon Hayward, Dante Exum, Trey Burke, Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter, among others. It’s not a bad gamble to throw Murry into the mix and see if he can become part of the rotation.
At that price, it’s a good gamble.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 8
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38