Aug 12, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Toure Murry barely got on the court last season with the Knicks, but in his limited minutes he showed potential. He had a couple strong games late in the season scoring in double digits, he paired will with Iman Shumpert and generally looked like a big guard who maybe could develop into a rotation player.
Looks like the Jazz may be the team to find that out.
Nothing is finalized but there is this from Marc Stein of ESPN.
The Jazz are a team who brought in Quin Snyder as coach to develop all their young talent — Gordon Hayward, Dante Exum, Trey Burke, Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter, among others. It’s not a bad gamble to throw Murry into the mix and see if he can become part of the rotation.
At that price, it’s a good gamble.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5