Aug 11, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
“I don’t know anything about Angola, but I know they’re in trouble.”
—Charles Barkley as part of the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, before the USA played Angola. (That’s the game where he threw a hard elbow at an Angolan player during a 38-7 USA run, then explained it afterward saying the guy might have thrown a spear at him. It’s Charles being Charles.)
Serge Ibaka might as well have said the same thing about Angola.
Spain beat Angola 79-70 in a recent friendly exhibition as a run up to the World Cup in Spain in a few weeks, and this was the play of the game.
Rudy Fernandez’s between-the-legs bounce pass is the best part here but once the Thunder’s Ibaka goes up for the hammer throwdown it is all over.
The World Cup is going to have some quality basketball going on. And while the USA is one of the clear two best teams there, Spain has a legitimate shot at beating us.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32