Aug 11, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
“I don’t know anything about Angola, but I know they’re in trouble.”
—Charles Barkley as part of the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, before the USA played Angola. (That’s the game where he threw a hard elbow at an Angolan player during a 38-7 USA run, then explained it afterward saying the guy might have thrown a spear at him. It’s Charles being Charles.)
Serge Ibaka might as well have said the same thing about Angola.
Spain beat Angola 79-70 in a recent friendly exhibition as a run up to the World Cup in Spain in a few weeks, and this was the play of the game.
Rudy Fernandez’s between-the-legs bounce pass is the best part here but once the Thunder’s Ibaka goes up for the hammer throwdown it is all over.
The World Cup is going to have some quality basketball going on. And while the USA is one of the clear two best teams there, Spain has a legitimate shot at beating us.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30