Aug 11, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
“I don’t know anything about Angola, but I know they’re in trouble.”
—Charles Barkley as part of the 1992 Olympic Dream Team, before the USA played Angola. (That’s the game where he threw a hard elbow at an Angolan player during a 38-7 USA run, then explained it afterward saying the guy might have thrown a spear at him. It’s Charles being Charles.)
Serge Ibaka might as well have said the same thing about Angola.
Spain beat Angola 79-70 in a recent friendly exhibition as a run up to the World Cup in Spain in a few weeks, and this was the play of the game.
Rudy Fernandez’s between-the-legs bounce pass is the best part here but once the Thunder’s Ibaka goes up for the hammer throwdown it is all over.
The World Cup is going to have some quality basketball going on. And while the USA is one of the clear two best teams there, Spain has a legitimate shot at beating us.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 5
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 15
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 3
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 6
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 2
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10