Aug 10, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
This makes no sense for the Pistons, but ridiculous things do get offered around the league.
There’s been buzz around the league that the Pacers are testing the trade value of Roy Hibbert — they are in for a rough season and he can opt out next summer — and even called the Suns to talk about Goran Dragic. Hopefully the Suns brass were polite and hung up the phone before laughing at that offer.
Looks like the Pacers may have called the Pistons, too, according to Matt Dery of Detroit Sports radio 105.1.
This likely got about as far as the Dragic pitch.
Detroit’s main roster issue is that Monroe, Andre Drummond and Josh Smith can’t play well together because none of them can space the floor (although Smith thinks he can). Hibbert actually took 30 percent of his shots beyond 10 feet and hit a reasonable percentage of them, but bringing him in is not going to solve your floor spacing issues.
Plus the Pistons would have to take on more salary to do it. Then could lose Hibbert next summer anyway.
The one thing to take away from all this is that the Pacers are considering all their options right now. If they can find a partner with a good offer they will move anyone on the roster not named Paul George (or probably David West)
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48