Aug 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
It appears as though Harrington still feels he has something to contribute, but without any concrete offers to join a team for next season, he’s taking a deal to play overseas instead.
Source: Al Harrington has signed to play in China next season. Announcement to come Monday. Beyond China, still envisions coaching w/ Wiz.
Al Harrington’s Chinese team will be the Fujian SBS Xunxing Sturgeons. One-year deal.
Harrington was a strong veteran locker room presence for a young Wizards team that made a little bit of noise in the playoffs last year, and was an assistant coach for them at Summer League in Las Vegas.
But he still wants to play, and since teams in the states have been slow to come calling, China always seems more than happy to add some recognizable NBA talent to its professional basketball scene.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 2
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 3
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 16
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18