Aug 10, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
It appears as though Harrington still feels he has something to contribute, but without any concrete offers to join a team for next season, he’s taking a deal to play overseas instead.
Source: Al Harrington has signed to play in China next season. Announcement to come Monday. Beyond China, still envisions coaching w/ Wiz.
Al Harrington’s Chinese team will be the Fujian SBS Xunxing Sturgeons. One-year deal.
Harrington was a strong veteran locker room presence for a young Wizards team that made a little bit of noise in the playoffs last year, and was an assistant coach for them at Summer League in Las Vegas.
But he still wants to play, and since teams in the states have been slow to come calling, China always seems more than happy to add some recognizable NBA talent to its professional basketball scene.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 21
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 70
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8