Aug 10, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
When seeing him convert plays like this one, it’s easy to see why.
Approximately 30 seconds into the video clip above, we see Antetokounmpo handle the ball at the top of the three-point arc, while contemplating using the screen to execute what’s likely to be a pick-and-roll set. As two defenders converge, Antetokounmpo splits them, before finishing at the rim with a powerful two-handed slam.
That kind of quickness, agility and ball-handling ability for someone his size is part of what earned him the nickname “Greek Freak,” and a reminder of how ridiculous of a player he’s likely to morph into; after all, he’s only 19 years old.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70