Giannis Antetokounmpo finishes impressive dunk playing for Greek national team (VIDEO)

Aug 10, 2014, 2:00 PM EST

New Bucks head coach Jason Kidd said he expects to play the now 6’11” Giannis Antetokounmpo at the point guard position.

When seeing him convert plays like this one, it’s easy to see why.

Approximately 30 seconds into the video clip above, we see Antetokounmpo handle the ball at the top of the three-point arc, while contemplating using the screen to execute what’s likely to be a pick-and-roll set. As two defenders converge, Antetokounmpo splits them, before finishing at the rim with a powerful two-handed slam.

That kind of quickness, agility and ball-handling ability for someone his size is part of what earned him the nickname “Greek Freak,” and a reminder of how ridiculous of a player he’s likely to morph into; after all, he’s only 19 years old.

1. tampajoey - Aug 10, 2014 at 2:31 PM

Nice play. I see Kevin Durant making great plays like that all day long but I still wouldn’t want him playing point guard for my team.

2. qdog112 - Aug 10, 2014 at 3:42 PM

This guy is so smooth and plays smart, nothing extra – just enough. No monster slams for effect, just ballin’.

3. therealhtj - Aug 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM

It’s impressive if you’re 5’11. At 6’11, that should be routine.

4. aldavis4president - Aug 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM

The difference between this guy and Durant, is Durant is looking to score, while the Greek freak is looking to make plays. He should be a monster this coming season.

5. montrealknowledge - Aug 10, 2014 at 4:22 PM

I love having great ball handlers at the 3. Why limit yourself to one ball handler by putting him at PG. Have a PG, a SG and put the Greek SF… Basically have 3 ball handlers, creating more options.

6. antistratfordian - Aug 10, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Where’s the “impressive” dunk?

7. montrealknowledge - Aug 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM

He can dunk the the French national team. Round of fricken applause.

8. mackcarrington - Aug 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Wow! Holy crap! Oh My God! Lord have mercy! What a freak! What a beast!
    I’ve never seen anyone do the things he can do on a basketball court! Those were the greatest dunks I’ve ever seen!
    Nobody can come close to doing what he can do! What a monster! Did you see those dunks???
    I mean, he went up and…. put the ball in the basket!!!!!

9. zinger92 - Aug 10, 2014 at 7:05 PM

He’s got great athleticism for his size, but he’s not a PG, more like a point forward. This is why I hate Jason Kidd. PS I saw nothing spectacular in that video.

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches