How LeBron James and Kevin Love might attack on offense with the Cavaliers (VIDEO)

Aug 9, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT

Detroit Pistons v Cleveland Cavaliers Detroit Pistons v Cleveland Cavaliers

Kevin Love isn’t yet an official member of the Cleveland Cavaliers, but in all likelihood, he will be within the next few weeks.

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving are already in place, and once Love is added as expected, the Cavaliers should have limitless options on the offensive end of the floor that should perplex opposing defenses for years to come.

Coach Nick of BBallBreakdown gives us an idea of what that might look like, using new Cleveland head coach David Blatt’s sets that he ran at Summer League in Las Vegas to illustrate just how devastating things might be with that elite level of talent filling out so many of the team’s positions.

Defense will be an issue, sure. But offensively, the roster the Cavaliers are projected to be able to assemble is going to have enough talent to cause plenty of headaches for the opposition.

1. money2long - Aug 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Offense wins games.
    Lol.

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Last time I checked even a mediocre team scores 107 points per game. If defenses won so many championships I’m surprised to not see scores like 2-0.

2. antistratfordian - Aug 10, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Okay, the ‘Flying Death Machine’ reverb put a smile on my face. Good work there. Overall, good video. Coach Nick makes a good point about not having to worry too much about Love at center defensively because outside of Al Jefferson there’s not much to worry about down there in the East.

3. xjokerz - Aug 10, 2014 at 6:12 AM

” MIGHT ” ??

tell us more wonderboy.

4. twinfan24 - Aug 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM

They may not be a top five defense, but I don’t think the defense will be as much of an issue as some would have you believe. I think Love was a little disinterested in defense at times in MN, but I don’t think LeBron will let that slide. I would expect better defensive effort from Love with Cleveland.

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 10, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Agreed. Plus Love won’t have to carry the team on offense. I mean Rubio is one of the worst shooters in the history of the game. Having guys like that and Brewer in the lineup leads to Kevin Love doing a TON of work on the offensive end. In Cleveland he’ll strike a nice balance between offensive and defensive effort.

• beach305 - Aug 10, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Love hasn’t been shown to be a good defensive player. The worry is if playing more defense will tire him on the offensive side of the ball. That and history of injuries to Love, Miller and Irving makes this a very delicate situation. Also, love will have to learn how to share the ball like Bosh had to.

The question is the current lineup of James-Love-Irving better than James-Bosh-Wade

5. jamesk2465 - Aug 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I’m just happy I won’t have to see Mike Browns offense ever again

6. cantonb0und13 - Aug 10, 2014 at 9:59 AM

I like how bunch of people keep saying the Cavaliers defense is going to bad next season. Did you realize the Charlotte Hornets had Al Jefferson and Josh McRoberts in the front-court last season, and still managed to be the 6th best defense. Kyrie Irving and Dion Waiters are only 22-years-old, I repeat only 22-years-old. I can definitely see Waiters become one of the top-defenders in a few years, he plays with so much emotion. Don’t be surprised to see Cavs’ defense ranked in the top-ten next season.

• ProBasketballPundit - Aug 10, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Haha nice callout of my Hornets… but you’re right. When Miami signed McBobs I laughed so freaking hard. He was the worst starting power forward in the league last year; I saw it in person. Our success was totally on the coaching. If Blatt (or even LeBron) knows how to coach defense then they’ll be alright.

• ecnuob51 - Aug 10, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Exactly.
      Lol don’t let zoomy123 see this comment. He can’t grasp this thought.
      Even the bulls, they’ve been one of the best defensive teams for years with boozer at pf.

7. mitchem85 - Aug 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM

Until the cavs go to the finals 4x in a row and win at least two championships, then the answer is no. The Lebron-Love-Irving combo is not better than Lebron-Wade-Bosh. Those are just the facts.

Keep in mind, when lebron went to Miami they already knew how to win. They won it before without lebron. In Cleveland, winning will be brand new outside of lebron. On paper it’s expected to be an exciting time, but these games aren’t played on paper. Lebron will be lucky to win one championship on Cleveland, and I’m pretty sure he knows that already.

• charlescub80 - Aug 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Was this a joke? Really? They already knew how to win? Wade was the only one left from 2006. I don’t remember Shaq playing with Lebron. Your comment made me chuckle so thank you.

• charlescub80 - Aug 10, 2014 at 3:37 PM

And by only one I meant by impact players. Please don’t say Haslem was the glue that won them the title.

8. seasickcecil - Aug 10, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Wiggy says he wants to be traded: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2158373-bill-self-reveals-andrew-wiggins-wants-to-be-traded-to-minnesota

9. iammr713 - Aug 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM

This is the same guy that made the Pick and Roll video of what Nash and Dwight would do in D’Antoni’s offense.. lmfaoooo None of that he said will play out.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches