Aug 9, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
D-Mo on relationships with Howard and Harden: “Hi & bye. They even eat separately from the team. Usually in some fast food place.”
After deleting the aforementioned tweet, Baranauskas tweeted:
That – hopefully correct-this-time – transcription is obviously very different, but the exact translation might be inconsequential.
Motiejunas, via Jonathan Feigen of Ultimate Rockets:
“The radio show, the guys that work there, make fun of everybody,” Motiejunas, who called from Lithuania said. “It’s a funny radio show. Everybody in Lithuania listens. They told me to try to be funny, try to make the jokes. They told me to be free. They asked some question. I joked about one thing. I joked about the other thing.
“We never have problems,” Motiejunas said. “For example, last year Dwight invited me and other players to Thanksgiving dinner. James and Dwight bought us give us gifts for Christmas. We go to eat most of the all of the time. I talked with Dwight today. I talk to Dwight all the time. He said he understands. Me and Dwight, we communicate pretty good in the locker room. I never had a problem.
I recommend not drawing any conclusions one way or another from this saga. Motiejunas was making jokes, and then he wasn’t, but part of the joking segment was accurate. The lines are far too blurred.
Think whatever you want about Howard and Harden
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 84
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20