Aug 9, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
D-Mo on relationships with Howard and Harden: “Hi & bye. They even eat separately from the team. Usually in some fast food place.”
After deleting the aforementioned tweet, Baranauskas tweeted:
That – hopefully correct-this-time – transcription is obviously very different, but the exact translation might be inconsequential.
Motiejunas, via Jonathan Feigen of Ultimate Rockets:
“The radio show, the guys that work there, make fun of everybody,” Motiejunas, who called from Lithuania said. “It’s a funny radio show. Everybody in Lithuania listens. They told me to try to be funny, try to make the jokes. They told me to be free. They asked some question. I joked about one thing. I joked about the other thing.
“We never have problems,” Motiejunas said. “For example, last year Dwight invited me and other players to Thanksgiving dinner. James and Dwight bought us give us gifts for Christmas. We go to eat most of the all of the time. I talked with Dwight today. I talk to Dwight all the time. He said he understands. Me and Dwight, we communicate pretty good in the locker room. I never had a problem.
I recommend not drawing any conclusions one way or another from this saga. Motiejunas was making jokes, and then he wasn’t, but part of the joking segment was accurate. The lines are far too blurred.
Think whatever you want about Howard and Harden
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 14
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 22
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 22
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 18
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23