Aug 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
I’m a believer in using funerals to celebrate the life of a person rather than mourn his or her death. I hope Coronado’s family and friends found comport by honoring him this way.
As an aside, this has nothing to do with Coronado, but I couldn’t see those picture without thinking of the line from Dan Gilbert’s letter: “Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.” Anything funeral- and LeBron-relate after that is a little eerie.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 24
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29