Aug 8, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
A source informed the Daily News that the Sixers will be sending veteran forward Thaddeus Young to Minnesota for a package that will include Bennett
Young doesn’t fit into Philadelphia’s rebuilding plans. The 26-year-old is too old and too good. Bennett, whose potential mostly remains untapped, is a better fit there.
But I’m not sure why the Timberwolves would go for such a swap. If they trade Love for Wiggins, they’re going to take a step back – and they weren’t a playoff team last season to start. Getting Young would make Minnesota a little better next year, but it seems the main consequence of that would be worse lottery positioning.
Bennett had a miserable rookie season, but he looked like a different player during summer league. I wouldn’t sell low on him now – not even if it meant unloading a bothersome (expiring) contract.
For the 76ers, this is an opportunity to snatch value when it’s there.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 1
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14