Aug 8, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
A source informed the Daily News that the Sixers will be sending veteran forward Thaddeus Young to Minnesota for a package that will include Bennett
Young doesn’t fit into Philadelphia’s rebuilding plans. The 26-year-old is too old and too good. Bennett, whose potential mostly remains untapped, is a better fit there.
But I’m not sure why the Timberwolves would go for such a swap. If they trade Love for Wiggins, they’re going to take a step back – and they weren’t a playoff team last season to start. Getting Young would make Minnesota a little better next year, but it seems the main consequence of that would be worse lottery positioning.
Bennett had a miserable rookie season, but he looked like a different player during summer league. I wouldn’t sell low on him now – not even if it meant unloading a bothersome (expiring) contract.
For the 76ers, this is an opportunity to snatch value when it’s there.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71