Aug 8, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
A source informed the Daily News that the Sixers will be sending veteran forward Thaddeus Young to Minnesota for a package that will include Bennett
Young doesn’t fit into Philadelphia’s rebuilding plans. The 26-year-old is too old and too good. Bennett, whose potential mostly remains untapped, is a better fit there.
But I’m not sure why the Timberwolves would go for such a swap. If they trade Love for Wiggins, they’re going to take a step back – and they weren’t a playoff team last season to start. Getting Young would make Minnesota a little better next year, but it seems the main consequence of that would be worse lottery positioning.
Bennett had a miserable rookie season, but he looked like a different player during summer league. I wouldn’t sell low on him now – not even if it meant unloading a bothersome (expiring) contract.
For the 76ers, this is an opportunity to snatch value when it’s there.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17