Aug 8, 2014, 9:59 AM EST
A source informed the Daily News that the Sixers will be sending veteran forward Thaddeus Young to Minnesota for a package that will include Bennett
Young doesn’t fit into Philadelphia’s rebuilding plans. The 26-year-old is too old and too good. Bennett, whose potential mostly remains untapped, is a better fit there.
But I’m not sure why the Timberwolves would go for such a swap. If they trade Love for Wiggins, they’re going to take a step back – and they weren’t a playoff team last season to start. Getting Young would make Minnesota a little better next year, but it seems the main consequence of that would be worse lottery positioning.
Bennett had a miserable rookie season, but he looked like a different player during summer league. I wouldn’t sell low on him now – not even if it meant unloading a bothersome (expiring) contract.
For the 76ers, this is an opportunity to snatch value when it’s there.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46