Aug 8, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
A source informed the Daily News that the Sixers will be sending veteran forward Thaddeus Young to Minnesota for a package that will include Bennett
Young doesn’t fit into Philadelphia’s rebuilding plans. The 26-year-old is too old and too good. Bennett, whose potential mostly remains untapped, is a better fit there.
But I’m not sure why the Timberwolves would go for such a swap. If they trade Love for Wiggins, they’re going to take a step back – and they weren’t a playoff team last season to start. Getting Young would make Minnesota a little better next year, but it seems the main consequence of that would be worse lottery positioning.
Bennett had a miserable rookie season, but he looked like a different player during summer league. I wouldn’t sell low on him now – not even if it meant unloading a bothersome (expiring) contract.
For the 76ers, this is an opportunity to snatch value when it’s there.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6