Aug 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Yes, they have sleeves. Get past it.
This is a bit of brilliance from Jesse Nunez over at behance.net, where he has taken every NBA team and re-imagined their jerseys as a soccer jersey. That means taking the arena name and making it the sponsor across the front, putting the logo smaller as a crest and making sure you get a star for each title your franchise has won.
I love this. I think the Portland Trail Blazers one above is my favorite but below are a few more that work pretty well, too. Click the link and follow all of them.
Just as a coincidental in-house plug, England’s Barclays Premier League starts the NBC SportsNetwork on Aug. 16, where my Newcastle boys will rise up and shock the world. ProSoccerTalk has been doing some brilliant season previews (you should be reading that site anyway if you’re a soccer fan).
(Hat tip to Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie).
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85