Aug 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Yes, they have sleeves. Get past it.
This is a bit of brilliance from Jesse Nunez over at behance.net, where he has taken every NBA team and re-imagined their jerseys as a soccer jersey. That means taking the arena name and making it the sponsor across the front, putting the logo smaller as a crest and making sure you get a star for each title your franchise has won.
I love this. I think the Portland Trail Blazers one above is my favorite but below are a few more that work pretty well, too. Click the link and follow all of them.
Just as a coincidental in-house plug, England’s Barclays Premier League starts the NBC SportsNetwork on Aug. 16, where my Newcastle boys will rise up and shock the world. ProSoccerTalk has been doing some brilliant season previews (you should be reading that site anyway if you’re a soccer fan).
(Hat tip to Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie).
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 7
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4