Aug 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Yes, they have sleeves. Get past it.
This is a bit of brilliance from Jesse Nunez over at behance.net, where he has taken every NBA team and re-imagined their jerseys as a soccer jersey. That means taking the arena name and making it the sponsor across the front, putting the logo smaller as a crest and making sure you get a star for each title your franchise has won.
I love this. I think the Portland Trail Blazers one above is my favorite but below are a few more that work pretty well, too. Click the link and follow all of them.
Just as a coincidental in-house plug, England’s Barclays Premier League starts the NBC SportsNetwork on Aug. 16, where my Newcastle boys will rise up and shock the world. ProSoccerTalk has been doing some brilliant season previews (you should be reading that site anyway if you’re a soccer fan).
(Hat tip to Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie).
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18