Aug 8, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Yes, they have sleeves. Get past it.
This is a bit of brilliance from Jesse Nunez over at behance.net, where he has taken every NBA team and re-imagined their jerseys as a soccer jersey. That means taking the arena name and making it the sponsor across the front, putting the logo smaller as a crest and making sure you get a star for each title your franchise has won.
I love this. I think the Portland Trail Blazers one above is my favorite but below are a few more that work pretty well, too. Click the link and follow all of them.
Just as a coincidental in-house plug, England’s Barclays Premier League starts the NBC SportsNetwork on Aug. 16, where my Newcastle boys will rise up and shock the world. ProSoccerTalk has been doing some brilliant season previews (you should be reading that site anyway if you’re a soccer fan).
(Hat tip to Yahoo’s Ball Don’t Lie).
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 3
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 18
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11