Aug 7, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That billboard is now up in Akron. You can thank Miami-based Dan Le Batard for that (via @JeremyinAkron).
The writer for the Miami Herald better known for his ESPN Radio and television shows had tried to buy a newspaper ad to “thank” LeBron James for his time in Miami, which ended this summer when LeBron decided to return home.
In the same way you can’t blame LeBron for choosing to return home, you can’t blame Miami fans for feeling betrayed (the serious ones among them anyway, some of the bandwagon ones may not realize LeBron left until next season tips off). LeBron went to four Finals in four years with the Heat, can’t ask for a lot more than that.
Miami fans will have to console themselves with the fact they live in Miami. On the bright side, the Heat are a strong organization that should be back on top faster than the Dolphins become good again.
UPDATE: ESPN has suspended Le Batard two days for this stunt.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12