Aug 7, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That billboard is now up in Akron. You can thank Miami-based Dan Le Batard for that (via @JeremyinAkron).
The writer for the Miami Herald better known for his ESPN Radio and television shows had tried to buy a newspaper ad to “thank” LeBron James for his time in Miami, which ended this summer when LeBron decided to return home.
In the same way you can’t blame LeBron for choosing to return home, you can’t blame Miami fans for feeling betrayed (the serious ones among them anyway, some of the bandwagon ones may not realize LeBron left until next season tips off). LeBron went to four Finals in four years with the Heat, can’t ask for a lot more than that.
Miami fans will have to console themselves with the fact they live in Miami. On the bright side, the Heat are a strong organization that should be back on top faster than the Dolphins become good again.
UPDATE: ESPN has suspended Le Batard two days for this stunt.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 11
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7