Aug 7, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That billboard is now up in Akron. You can thank Miami-based Dan Le Batard for that (via @JeremyinAkron).
The writer for the Miami Herald better known for his ESPN Radio and television shows had tried to buy a newspaper ad to “thank” LeBron James for his time in Miami, which ended this summer when LeBron decided to return home.
In the same way you can’t blame LeBron for choosing to return home, you can’t blame Miami fans for feeling betrayed (the serious ones among them anyway, some of the bandwagon ones may not realize LeBron left until next season tips off). LeBron went to four Finals in four years with the Heat, can’t ask for a lot more than that.
Miami fans will have to console themselves with the fact they live in Miami. On the bright side, the Heat are a strong organization that should be back on top faster than the Dolphins become good again.
UPDATE: ESPN has suspended Le Batard two days for this stunt.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31