Aug 7, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That billboard is now up in Akron. You can thank Miami-based Dan Le Batard for that (via @JeremyinAkron).
The writer for the Miami Herald better known for his ESPN Radio and television shows had tried to buy a newspaper ad to “thank” LeBron James for his time in Miami, which ended this summer when LeBron decided to return home.
In the same way you can’t blame LeBron for choosing to return home, you can’t blame Miami fans for feeling betrayed (the serious ones among them anyway, some of the bandwagon ones may not realize LeBron left until next season tips off). LeBron went to four Finals in four years with the Heat, can’t ask for a lot more than that.
Miami fans will have to console themselves with the fact they live in Miami. On the bright side, the Heat are a strong organization that should be back on top faster than the Dolphins become good again.
UPDATE: ESPN has suspended Le Batard two days for this stunt.
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 0
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 22
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24