Aug 7, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Lionel Hollins hired his own coaching staff with the Nets – Paul Westphal, John Welch, Tony Brown, Joe Wolf and Jay Humphries as assistant coaches and Jim Sann.
That left a former Jason Kidd assistant, Roy Rogers, on the open market.
And with Sam Cassell headed to the Clippers, the Wizards were shopping.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Washington’s top bigs, Marcin Gortat and Nene, are established veterans with fairly well-rounded games. Of course everyone can using coaching, but those two don’t require especially close attention.
Maybe the Wizards believe Rogers can handle more diverse responsibilities. If so, this is the type of job that could eventually propel Rogers into a head-coaching position.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19