Aug 7, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Lionel Hollins hired his own coaching staff with the Nets – Paul Westphal, John Welch, Tony Brown, Joe Wolf and Jay Humphries as assistant coaches and Jim Sann.
That left a former Jason Kidd assistant, Roy Rogers, on the open market.
And with Sam Cassell headed to the Clippers, the Wizards were shopping.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Washington’s top bigs, Marcin Gortat and Nene, are established veterans with fairly well-rounded games. Of course everyone can using coaching, but those two don’t require especially close attention.
Maybe the Wizards believe Rogers can handle more diverse responsibilities. If so, this is the type of job that could eventually propel Rogers into a head-coaching position.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 1
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 9
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17