Aug 7, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Lionel Hollins hired his own coaching staff with the Nets – Paul Westphal, John Welch, Tony Brown, Joe Wolf and Jay Humphries as assistant coaches and Jim Sann.
That left a former Jason Kidd assistant, Roy Rogers, on the open market.
And with Sam Cassell headed to the Clippers, the Wizards were shopping.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Washington’s top bigs, Marcin Gortat and Nene, are established veterans with fairly well-rounded games. Of course everyone can using coaching, but those two don’t require especially close attention.
Maybe the Wizards believe Rogers can handle more diverse responsibilities. If so, this is the type of job that could eventually propel Rogers into a head-coaching position.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 7
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 10
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18