Aug 7, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
I like it.
Paul George‘s story is one of a guy overlooked at every turn but came back every season better, a guy with a crazy worth ethic and determination. Just go read the great Lee Jenkins story about him, then tell me how you doubt he can come back from his horrific injury while playing with Team USA.
A little promotion along the way is not a bad thing.
But just a little. What I’m sure Nike learned from watching Derrick Rose and rival adidas on the comeback trail (or knew before Adidas started a series of videos and more) is that comebacks are unpredictable. They take time and and involve setbacks, sometimes big setbacks. You don’t want to set the expectations bar too high.
What Nike does here works. It’s just the right amount of comeback. Let’s hope it stays that way.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11