Aug 7, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
I like it.
Paul George‘s story is one of a guy overlooked at every turn but came back every season better, a guy with a crazy worth ethic and determination. Just go read the great Lee Jenkins story about him, then tell me how you doubt he can come back from his horrific injury while playing with Team USA.
A little promotion along the way is not a bad thing.
But just a little. What I’m sure Nike learned from watching Derrick Rose and rival adidas on the comeback trail (or knew before Adidas started a series of videos and more) is that comebacks are unpredictable. They take time and and involve setbacks, sometimes big setbacks. You don’t want to set the expectations bar too high.
What Nike does here works. It’s just the right amount of comeback. Let’s hope it stays that way.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31