Aug 7, 2014, 5:59 PM EDT
I like it.
Paul George‘s story is one of a guy overlooked at every turn but came back every season better, a guy with a crazy worth ethic and determination. Just go read the great Lee Jenkins story about him, then tell me how you doubt he can come back from his horrific injury while playing with Team USA.
A little promotion along the way is not a bad thing.
But just a little. What I’m sure Nike learned from watching Derrick Rose and rival adidas on the comeback trail (or knew before Adidas started a series of videos and more) is that comebacks are unpredictable. They take time and and involve setbacks, sometimes big setbacks. You don’t want to set the expectations bar too high.
What Nike does here works. It’s just the right amount of comeback. Let’s hope it stays that way.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23