Aug 7, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
But since, someone told Adrian Wojnarowski the deal’s terms were set and Wiggins was headed to the Timberwolves.
Nobody mentioned it to Wiggins?
Tim McCormick of ESPN:
Now, it’s possible Wiggins knows and was told not to reveal the information. If that’s the case, he wouldn’t share his knowledge until he was absolutely certain the trade had become public and McCormick wasn’t trying to pull a fast one to extract inside info.
I really hope that’s the case.
Wiggins has already had a rough go publicly as a result of this situation. Someone – it didn’t have to be LeBron James – should have clued in Wiggins, especially once the deal reached the point Wojnarowski could report on it.
Hopefully, Wiggins knows his fate by now at least. On the bright side, he’ll get plenty of playing time in Minnesota.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9