Aug 7, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
But since, someone told Adrian Wojnarowski the deal’s terms were set and Wiggins was headed to the Timberwolves.
Nobody mentioned it to Wiggins?
Tim McCormick of ESPN:
Now, it’s possible Wiggins knows and was told not to reveal the information. If that’s the case, he wouldn’t share his knowledge until he was absolutely certain the trade had become public and McCormick wasn’t trying to pull a fast one to extract inside info.
I really hope that’s the case.
Wiggins has already had a rough go publicly as a result of this situation. Someone – it didn’t have to be LeBron James – should have clued in Wiggins, especially once the deal reached the point Wojnarowski could report on it.
Hopefully, Wiggins knows his fate by now at least. On the bright side, he’ll get plenty of playing time in Minnesota.
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28
- Tim Duncan on decision to opt in for final year of his contract: ‘There was some hesitation there’ 20