Aug 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EST
What you have to love about the Spurs is they don’t waste words talking about “being proactive” or energy thinking about the PR implications or whatever other corporate buzz words you want to use, they just do what they think is best.
Hiring Becky Hammon as the first full-time, fully paid female assistant coach in NBA history was done for basketball reasons alone. And it seems a good move.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra we discuss the hiring of Hammon, why San Antonio is the perfect spot to start (veteran team, coach who will deflect some of the distractions) and how at the end of the day this is what progress looks like.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11