Aug 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
What you have to love about the Spurs is they don’t waste words talking about “being proactive” or energy thinking about the PR implications or whatever other corporate buzz words you want to use, they just do what they think is best.
Hiring Becky Hammon as the first full-time, fully paid female assistant coach in NBA history was done for basketball reasons alone. And it seems a good move.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra we discuss the hiring of Hammon, why San Antonio is the perfect spot to start (veteran team, coach who will deflect some of the distractions) and how at the end of the day this is what progress looks like.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6