Aug 6, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
What you have to love about the Spurs is they don’t waste words talking about “being proactive” or energy thinking about the PR implications or whatever other corporate buzz words you want to use, they just do what they think is best.
Hiring Becky Hammon as the first full-time, fully paid female assistant coach in NBA history was done for basketball reasons alone. And it seems a good move.
In the latest edition of PBT Extra we discuss the hiring of Hammon, why San Antonio is the perfect spot to start (veteran team, coach who will deflect some of the distractions) and how at the end of the day this is what progress looks like.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85