Aug 6, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
The headline may or may not be true; others seem to feel that’s what happened, and I didn’t bother keeping score.
But anytime we can watch Michael Jordan compete on the basketball court, even at the age of 51 and wearing shoes more aimed at fashion than hardwood performance, we do it — especially in the early days of August.
[via Lang Whitaker at All Ball]
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 7
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2