Jeremy Lin dunks on his mom (Instagram)

Aug 6, 2014, 5:59 PM EST

In regular NBA games, Lakers’ guard Jeremy Lin does not get to dunk on people often.

But on his unsuspecting mother walking into her kitchen… he can sky on her and throw it down.

Part of Lin’s popularity is that he’s good at the social media game and he is putting together an Instagram contest of these kinds of unsuspecting dunks, so he put up a few of his own. I like it.

In fact, excuse me, I’m heading over to my parent’s place to dunk on my mom. I know she will not see it coming.

1. ecnuob51 - Aug 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM

He seems like such a cool guy

• thetruthcampaign - Aug 6, 2014 at 10:58 PM

That’s a social trend I can enjoy.

2. sonnysuave - Aug 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Of course he’s good @ social media… dood’s Asian!

• sportsfan18 - Aug 6, 2014 at 7:18 PM

real suave there buddy… real suave.

that was so bad I don’t even have any stats for it…

• asimonetti88 - Aug 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I don’t get it. Is this supposed to be funny?

3. Lujah - Aug 6, 2014 at 7:12 PM

His mom is like, ‘I couldn’t have had just one gilrl?’ lol. Anyhow nice to see him having a good time.

4. sportsfan18 - Aug 6, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Kobe to Lin

I’m the king of China 嚼 (Jué).

• Hard On For Harden - Aug 7, 2014 at 1:11 AM

Jeremy Lin = not from China

• sportsfan18 - Aug 7, 2014 at 8:56 AM

hard on

“while his maternal grandmother emigrated to Southern Taiwan in the late 1940s from Pinghu, Zhejiang in mainland China.”

Hmm… Lin’s grandma was CHINESE from you know… CHINA

No, he is not FROM China

But he IS part Chinese, his family ancestry.

Tawian and China in his background.

Born in U.S.

And you MISSED my point hard on…

Kobe sells a lot of goods in China and now there is a popular Asian player on Kobe’s team and I was just joking when I said that Kobe told Lin the following…

I’m the King of China, chump.

• Hard On For Harden - Aug 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Wow, Lin evolved from Asian ancestry! By looking at him, I never would have guessed! Anything else you wish to enlighten us on professor?

• sportsfan18 - Aug 7, 2014 at 1:21 PM

well professor hard on

you LECTURED me by saying Lin wasn’t from China.

uh, he was BORN in the U.S. so of course he’s NOT from China

And again, that was NOT my point.

I wasn’t talking about him being from China but making fun of Kobe. I was saying Kobe was afraid that a popular Asian was going to cut into his popularity there. and I was JOKING as I know that won’t happen.

It was YOU who brought up that he wasn’t from China… NOT me. My point was NEVER that he was from China. You brought that into play.

• 22yearsagotoday - Aug 7, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Sportsfan: don’t get so mad. Nobody’s always right; even you!

5. felisberto - Aug 7, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Thw Best PG in the NBA.

6. mutasian - Aug 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM

this is the kind of off season we should hear from players…not the kind like dui, arrested, domestic abuse, drug bust, felony speeding, club fight, and so on…get the point?

Who will land Josh Smith?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches