Aug 5, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Warriors big man Marreese Speights was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence, which carries with it a second-degree misdemeanor charge.
The unfortunate details, from Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group:
Speights was arrested at 3:31 a.m. ET and later submitted to two breathalyzer tests showing breath alcohol contents of .103 and .106, according to the incident log. Florida’s legal limit is .08.
Speights became involved in a traffic stop after an officer pulled him over due to a failure to yield right of way while pulling out of a driveway in a black 2012 Bentley, according to the incident log. The officer detected indicators of impairment, and Speights after agreeing to roadside field sobriety exercises was arrested and transported to a breath testing facility, according to the incident log.
Speights, who according to the incident report was cooperative, was booked at the Hillsborough County Orient Road Jail and later released on $500 bond at 11:47 a.m. ET, according to Tampa Police.
Speights averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game for the Warriors last season.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 18
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 19
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4