Aug 5, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Warriors big man Marreese Speights was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence, which carries with it a second-degree misdemeanor charge.
The unfortunate details, from Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group:
Speights was arrested at 3:31 a.m. ET and later submitted to two breathalyzer tests showing breath alcohol contents of .103 and .106, according to the incident log. Florida’s legal limit is .08.
Speights became involved in a traffic stop after an officer pulled him over due to a failure to yield right of way while pulling out of a driveway in a black 2012 Bentley, according to the incident log. The officer detected indicators of impairment, and Speights after agreeing to roadside field sobriety exercises was arrested and transported to a breath testing facility, according to the incident log.
Speights, who according to the incident report was cooperative, was booked at the Hillsborough County Orient Road Jail and later released on $500 bond at 11:47 a.m. ET, according to Tampa Police.
Speights averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game for the Warriors last season.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17