Aug 5, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Warriors big man Marreese Speights was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence, which carries with it a second-degree misdemeanor charge.
The unfortunate details, from Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group:
Speights was arrested at 3:31 a.m. ET and later submitted to two breathalyzer tests showing breath alcohol contents of .103 and .106, according to the incident log. Florida’s legal limit is .08.
Speights became involved in a traffic stop after an officer pulled him over due to a failure to yield right of way while pulling out of a driveway in a black 2012 Bentley, according to the incident log. The officer detected indicators of impairment, and Speights after agreeing to roadside field sobriety exercises was arrested and transported to a breath testing facility, according to the incident log.
Speights, who according to the incident report was cooperative, was booked at the Hillsborough County Orient Road Jail and later released on $500 bond at 11:47 a.m. ET, according to Tampa Police.
Speights averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game for the Warriors last season.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 0
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 6
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18