Aug 5, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Warriors big man Marreese Speights was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence, which carries with it a second-degree misdemeanor charge.
The unfortunate details, from Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group:
Speights was arrested at 3:31 a.m. ET and later submitted to two breathalyzer tests showing breath alcohol contents of .103 and .106, according to the incident log. Florida’s legal limit is .08.
Speights became involved in a traffic stop after an officer pulled him over due to a failure to yield right of way while pulling out of a driveway in a black 2012 Bentley, according to the incident log. The officer detected indicators of impairment, and Speights after agreeing to roadside field sobriety exercises was arrested and transported to a breath testing facility, according to the incident log.
Speights, who according to the incident report was cooperative, was booked at the Hillsborough County Orient Road Jail and later released on $500 bond at 11:47 a.m. ET, according to Tampa Police.
Speights averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game for the Warriors last season.
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 0
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 79
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0