Aug 5, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Warriors big man Marreese Speights was arrested early Tuesday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence, which carries with it a second-degree misdemeanor charge.
The unfortunate details, from Diamond Leung of the Bay Area News Group:
Speights was arrested at 3:31 a.m. ET and later submitted to two breathalyzer tests showing breath alcohol contents of .103 and .106, according to the incident log. Florida’s legal limit is .08.
Speights became involved in a traffic stop after an officer pulled him over due to a failure to yield right of way while pulling out of a driveway in a black 2012 Bentley, according to the incident log. The officer detected indicators of impairment, and Speights after agreeing to roadside field sobriety exercises was arrested and transported to a breath testing facility, according to the incident log.
Speights, who according to the incident report was cooperative, was booked at the Hillsborough County Orient Road Jail and later released on $500 bond at 11:47 a.m. ET, according to Tampa Police.
Speights averaged 6.4 points and 3.7 rebounds in 12.4 minutes per game for the Warriors last season.
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 2
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35