Aug 4, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
Well, the Celtics are in the off-season news now, but not in a good way.
According to the reports he apparently ran a red light and hit a bus, but there were no injuries. Other reports have his blood alcohol level at several times the legal limit. Sounds like it was fortunate nobody was hurt.
There has been no statement from the team yet. Once the legal process runs its course the NBA usually suspends players two games without pay for this infraction.
Faverani was the only real center on the Celtics roster last season but tore his meniscus in February and was out for the end of the season. The Brazilian big man spent time in the D-League last season and got in 37 games for the Celtics, playing okay when he did (4.4 points a game, .502 true shooting percentage). He has spent the off-season rehabbing his knees. Well, and apparently going out a little and making some bad decisions.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54