Aug 4, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Well, the Celtics are in the off-season news now, but not in a good way.
According to the reports he apparently ran a red light and hit a bus, but there were no injuries. Other reports have his blood alcohol level at several times the legal limit. Sounds like it was fortunate nobody was hurt.
There has been no statement from the team yet. Once the legal process runs its course the NBA usually suspends players two games without pay for this infraction.
Faverani was the only real center on the Celtics roster last season but tore his meniscus in February and was out for the end of the season. The Brazilian big man spent time in the D-League last season and got in 37 games for the Celtics, playing okay when he did (4.4 points a game, .502 true shooting percentage). He has spent the off-season rehabbing his knees. Well, and apparently going out a little and making some bad decisions.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 15
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13