Aug 4, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Well, the Celtics are in the off-season news now, but not in a good way.
According to the reports he apparently ran a red light and hit a bus, but there were no injuries. Other reports have his blood alcohol level at several times the legal limit. Sounds like it was fortunate nobody was hurt.
There has been no statement from the team yet. Once the legal process runs its course the NBA usually suspends players two games without pay for this infraction.
Faverani was the only real center on the Celtics roster last season but tore his meniscus in February and was out for the end of the season. The Brazilian big man spent time in the D-League last season and got in 37 games for the Celtics, playing okay when he did (4.4 points a game, .502 true shooting percentage). He has spent the off-season rehabbing his knees. Well, and apparently going out a little and making some bad decisions.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22