Aug 4, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Well, the Celtics are in the off-season news now, but not in a good way.
According to the reports he apparently ran a red light and hit a bus, but there were no injuries. Other reports have his blood alcohol level at several times the legal limit. Sounds like it was fortunate nobody was hurt.
There has been no statement from the team yet. Once the legal process runs its course the NBA usually suspends players two games without pay for this infraction.
Faverani was the only real center on the Celtics roster last season but tore his meniscus in February and was out for the end of the season. The Brazilian big man spent time in the D-League last season and got in 37 games for the Celtics, playing okay when he did (4.4 points a game, .502 true shooting percentage). He has spent the off-season rehabbing his knees. Well, and apparently going out a little and making some bad decisions.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 7
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 10
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11