Aug 4, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The advantage USA Basketball has is depth. No LeBron James or Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge or Carmelo Anthony? No problem, we just roll out the next crop of stars. And we keep on winning gold.
But when one of those stars goes down — Paul George with a horrific injury that will cost him at least a season — the questions about whether stars will keep playing for the Stars and Stripes and if teams will try to keep their best players out of the competitions becomes the story.
That’s what Matt Stroup and I discuss in the latest PBT Extra. How will everyone react to the George injury long term and could we see a change for the Olympics or other future competitions?
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3