Aug 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Kobe probably wasn’t fat. Most likely, it was just an unflattering shadow and/or unflattering life jacket.
At risk of repeatedly reading too much into a superstar’s offseason photo, here’s LeBron James looking pretty thin:
This time, the apparent weight change is backed by reporting.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
LeBron has bulked up throughout his career, increasingly playing power forward rather than small forward. I’m not certain which fact drives the other, but I figure both contribute to the other.
So why get lean now?
Maybe LeBron knows the Cavaliers will have someone else playing a bulk of the power forward minutes.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 8
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 10
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9