Aug 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Kobe probably wasn’t fat. Most likely, it was just an unflattering shadow and/or unflattering life jacket.
At risk of repeatedly reading too much into a superstar’s offseason photo, here’s LeBron James looking pretty thin:
This time, the apparent weight change is backed by reporting.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
LeBron has bulked up throughout his career, increasingly playing power forward rather than small forward. I’m not certain which fact drives the other, but I figure both contribute to the other.
So why get lean now?
Maybe LeBron knows the Cavaliers will have someone else playing a bulk of the power forward minutes.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 55
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10