Aug 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Kobe probably wasn’t fat. Most likely, it was just an unflattering shadow and/or unflattering life jacket.
At risk of repeatedly reading too much into a superstar’s offseason photo, here’s LeBron James looking pretty thin:
This time, the apparent weight change is backed by reporting.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
LeBron has bulked up throughout his career, increasingly playing power forward rather than small forward. I’m not certain which fact drives the other, but I figure both contribute to the other.
So why get lean now?
Maybe LeBron knows the Cavaliers will have someone else playing a bulk of the power forward minutes.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3