Aug 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Kobe probably wasn’t fat. Most likely, it was just an unflattering shadow and/or unflattering life jacket.
At risk of repeatedly reading too much into a superstar’s offseason photo, here’s LeBron James looking pretty thin:
This time, the apparent weight change is backed by reporting.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
LeBron has bulked up throughout his career, increasingly playing power forward rather than small forward. I’m not certain which fact drives the other, but I figure both contribute to the other.
So why get lean now?
Maybe LeBron knows the Cavaliers will have someone else playing a bulk of the power forward minutes.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7