Aug 4, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
Kobe probably wasn’t fat. Most likely, it was just an unflattering shadow and/or unflattering life jacket.
At risk of repeatedly reading too much into a superstar’s offseason photo, here’s LeBron James looking pretty thin:
This time, the apparent weight change is backed by reporting.
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
LeBron has bulked up throughout his career, increasingly playing power forward rather than small forward. I’m not certain which fact drives the other, but I figure both contribute to the other.
So why get lean now?
Maybe LeBron knows the Cavaliers will have someone else playing a bulk of the power forward minutes.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 11
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 13
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 21
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18