Aug 4, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Sign 1,439 that Andrew Wiggins will be traded from the Cavaliers…
He still hasn’t spoken to LeBron James.
Wiggins said the Cavaliers haven’t told him anything yet and we know LeBron is in the win-now mode and Kevin Love does that faster than Wiggins, so I guess this should not be a surprise. At the rookie photo shoot Wiggins said again he and LeBron haven’t spoken reports the New York Post, and he still plays it down.
“No. I’m sure he’s busy,” Wiggins said. “I feel like I’m busy, so I am sure he’s busy.”
LeBron reportedly wasn’t too busy to call Love and try to recruit him, but sure, he’s busy.
That said, if LeBron reaches out to Wiggins saying, “Hey, can’t wait to play with you” it gets a little awkward. So he goes silent. It’s really the only play.
Wiggins knows how this is going to end. You know it. I know it. LeBron and Love both know it. So does Flip Saunders and David Griffin (the GMs involved) know it. There may be a few details about who goes for whom that have yet to be finalized, but we pretty much know how the movie ends.
Wiggins cannot be traded until Aug. 23 (30-day moratorium after signing his rookie contract) but it’s likely closer to the start of training camp before it gets finalized. But it will. Then Wiggins and Zach LaVine will turn Minnesota into a festival of high-flying dunks. Not a lot of wins, but they will be entertaining.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 36
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 28
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3