Aug 4, 2014, 12:51 AM EST
Sign 1,439 that Andrew Wiggins will be traded from the Cavaliers…
He still hasn’t spoken to LeBron James.
Wiggins said the Cavaliers haven’t told him anything yet and we know LeBron is in the win-now mode and Kevin Love does that faster than Wiggins, so I guess this should not be a surprise. At the rookie photo shoot Wiggins said again he and LeBron haven’t spoken reports the New York Post, and he still plays it down.
“No. I’m sure he’s busy,” Wiggins said. “I feel like I’m busy, so I am sure he’s busy.”
LeBron reportedly wasn’t too busy to call Love and try to recruit him, but sure, he’s busy.
That said, if LeBron reaches out to Wiggins saying, “Hey, can’t wait to play with you” it gets a little awkward. So he goes silent. It’s really the only play.
Wiggins knows how this is going to end. You know it. I know it. LeBron and Love both know it. So does Flip Saunders and David Griffin (the GMs involved) know it. There may be a few details about who goes for whom that have yet to be finalized, but we pretty much know how the movie ends.
Wiggins cannot be traded until Aug. 23 (30-day moratorium after signing his rookie contract) but it’s likely closer to the start of training camp before it gets finalized. But it will. Then Wiggins and Zach LaVine will turn Minnesota into a festival of high-flying dunks. Not a lot of wins, but they will be entertaining.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18