Aug 4, 2014, 12:51 AM EDT
Sign 1,439 that Andrew Wiggins will be traded from the Cavaliers…
He still hasn’t spoken to LeBron James.
Wiggins said the Cavaliers haven’t told him anything yet and we know LeBron is in the win-now mode and Kevin Love does that faster than Wiggins, so I guess this should not be a surprise. At the rookie photo shoot Wiggins said again he and LeBron haven’t spoken reports the New York Post, and he still plays it down.
“No. I’m sure he’s busy,” Wiggins said. “I feel like I’m busy, so I am sure he’s busy.”
LeBron reportedly wasn’t too busy to call Love and try to recruit him, but sure, he’s busy.
That said, if LeBron reaches out to Wiggins saying, “Hey, can’t wait to play with you” it gets a little awkward. So he goes silent. It’s really the only play.
Wiggins knows how this is going to end. You know it. I know it. LeBron and Love both know it. So does Flip Saunders and David Griffin (the GMs involved) know it. There may be a few details about who goes for whom that have yet to be finalized, but we pretty much know how the movie ends.
Wiggins cannot be traded until Aug. 23 (30-day moratorium after signing his rookie contract) but it’s likely closer to the start of training camp before it gets finalized. But it will. Then Wiggins and Zach LaVine will turn Minnesota into a festival of high-flying dunks. Not a lot of wins, but they will be entertaining.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15