Aug 3, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
Of course, Minnesota has hardly acted on that assumption.
The Timberwolves asked Love to sit out the World Cup and have spoken with the 76ers about getting Thaddeus Young to replace Love. Taylor – and everyone else in the organization – realizes Love is getting traded.
Now Taylor is finally saying it.
The Timberwolves say now that they expect to trade disgruntled all-star Kevin Love and that a deal is expected Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
“I’m saying it’s most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that’s what he wants to do,” Wolves owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press.
That doesn’t mean a deal is set. Likely, details remain. Will a third team be involved? Will Minnesota include Kevin Martin and/or J.J. Barea? Which players acquired from the Jazz will be necessary to make salaries match?
But the inevitability of Love becoming a Cavalier becomes increasingly clear.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 7
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12