Aug 3, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Of course, Minnesota has hardly acted on that assumption.
The Timberwolves asked Love to sit out the World Cup and have spoken with the 76ers about getting Thaddeus Young to replace Love. Taylor – and everyone else in the organization – realizes Love is getting traded.
Now Taylor is finally saying it.
The Timberwolves say now that they expect to trade disgruntled all-star Kevin Love and that a deal is expected Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
“I’m saying it’s most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that’s what he wants to do,” Wolves owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press.
That doesn’t mean a deal is set. Likely, details remain. Will a third team be involved? Will Minnesota include Kevin Martin and/or J.J. Barea? Which players acquired from the Jazz will be necessary to make salaries match?
But the inevitability of Love becoming a Cavalier becomes increasingly clear.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9