Aug 3, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
Of course, Minnesota has hardly acted on that assumption.
The Timberwolves asked Love to sit out the World Cup and have spoken with the 76ers about getting Thaddeus Young to replace Love. Taylor – and everyone else in the organization – realizes Love is getting traded.
Now Taylor is finally saying it.
The Timberwolves say now that they expect to trade disgruntled all-star Kevin Love and that a deal is expected Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
“I’m saying it’s most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that’s what he wants to do,” Wolves owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press.
That doesn’t mean a deal is set. Likely, details remain. Will a third team be involved? Will Minnesota include Kevin Martin and/or J.J. Barea? Which players acquired from the Jazz will be necessary to make salaries match?
But the inevitability of Love becoming a Cavalier becomes increasingly clear.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43