Aug 3, 2014, 12:30 AM EST
Of course, Minnesota has hardly acted on that assumption.
The Timberwolves asked Love to sit out the World Cup and have spoken with the 76ers about getting Thaddeus Young to replace Love. Taylor – and everyone else in the organization – realizes Love is getting traded.
Now Taylor is finally saying it.
The Timberwolves say now that they expect to trade disgruntled all-star Kevin Love and that a deal is expected Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.
“I’m saying it’s most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that’s what he wants to do,” Wolves owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press.
That doesn’t mean a deal is set. Likely, details remain. Will a third team be involved? Will Minnesota include Kevin Martin and/or J.J. Barea? Which players acquired from the Jazz will be necessary to make salaries match?
But the inevitability of Love becoming a Cavalier becomes increasingly clear.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 6
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 14
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 10
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19