Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor calls Kevin Love trade ‘likely’

Aug 3, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT

Kevin Love Kevin Love

Last we heard from Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor, he said he expected Kevin Love in training camp.

Of course, Minnesota has hardly acted on that assumption.

The Timberwolves asked Love to sit out the World Cup and have spoken with the 76ers about getting Thaddeus Young to replace Love. Taylor – and everyone else in the organization – realizes Love is getting traded.

Now Taylor is finally saying it.

Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press:

The Timberwolves say now that they expect to trade disgruntled all-star Kevin Love and that a deal is expected Aug. 23 or Aug. 24.

“I’m saying it’s most likely because Kevin has made it pretty clear that that’s what he wants to do,” Wolves owner Glen Taylor told the Pioneer Press.

Aug. 23 is when the Cavaliers can trade Andrew Wiggins, lending more credence to the belief Love will join LeBron James in Cleveland.

That doesn’t mean a deal is set. Likely, details remain. Will a third team be involved? Will Minnesota include Kevin Martin and/or J.J. Barea? Which players acquired from the Jazz will be necessary to make salaries match?

But the inevitability of Love becoming a Cavalier becomes increasingly clear.

1. seasickcecil - Aug 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Have you been responding to me pundit. I can’t tell because you seem to be speaking towards no one in particular with your meandering posts. If you are responding to me please don’t because I have no interest in what you have to say. Thank you.

2. seasickcecil - Aug 3, 2014 at 1:31 PM

And in return pundit I will agree not to comment on your posts. That will be easy since I never read them anyway.

3. cameltoehoe - Aug 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM

1 year rental for Cavs. I hope he’s worth it! Championship or bust.

4. jediviking76 - Aug 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Good get this POS out of Minnesota all he has done is cry like a little girl since he didn’t get his max contract. Is he a good player yeah but his attitude sucks

• 22yearsagotoday - Aug 3, 2014 at 8:00 PM

He’ll miss Minneapolis/St. Paul. There’s really no metropolis that friendly yet urban in a cosmopolitan way although I haven’t been to San Antonio. He may not miss the winters, but you had to grow up in the cold to appreciate it.

5. seasickcecil - Aug 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Just an interesting piece from the Chicago Tribune for people who are fascinated by all of this like me: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-bulls-kevin-love-20140722-story.html

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches