Derrick Rose explodes for two-handed slam at USA Basketball Showcase (VIDEO)

Aug 2, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT

All eyes were on Derrick Rose at USA Basketball mini-camp this week, and nothing was different as the players wrapped things up with a showcase scrimmage on Friday night.

Rose got the most cheers and the bulk of the attention from the fans in attendance, and at least early on, he did not disappoint.

Rose had a couple of explosive moves to the basket where he looked like the fastest player on the floor in converting layups, but this two-handed dunk showed better than anything the athleticism he possesses, and why we’re all excited to have him back at full strength.

1. campcouch - Aug 2, 2014 at 12:27 AM

What a difference 2 weeks makes. He went from left for dead to he’s back. I wish the guy well, except against Cleveland, he does play some exciting basketball.

2. antistratfordian - Aug 2, 2014 at 1:05 AM

He was looking pretty spry out there. He made quite a few athletic plays.

I watch that team out there though – and it doesn’t inspire confidence. Maybe they can win it all at the World Cup, but that’s not an Olympic quality team.

3. chicitybulls - Aug 2, 2014 at 1:46 AM

He looked like his old self again. Great to see. Very happy for him. I know he’s excited and happy to be back on the court competing again.

It made me feel good that most people are still cheering for him and to hear the support for him in the crowd. It appears the morons waiting and hoping to see him fail are on this site….where they belong. They don’t belong in an NBA arena to spread their toxic hate.

4. 1friendofthepeople - Aug 2, 2014 at 2:37 AM

That is how you dunk a basketball. No one dunks with that type of authority/force anymore.

• reesesteel23 - Aug 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Umm….Lebron? Blake Griffin? Farried? Westbrook? Ok ill stop now

5. justorion - Aug 2, 2014 at 2:39 AM

It was cool to see coach thibs preaching team defense and the players buying into it and executing even though they’re all stars of their own teams for their offensive production.

6. pudgalvin - Aug 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM

I’m glad nobody’s leg snapped in half in that video.

7. ripdipbob - Aug 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM

D Rose still owns the # 1 selling jerseys…suits!!! D Rose doesn’t play basketball. Imagine when he gets a cold..out 2 mths. Watch

8. rrhoe - Aug 2, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I like D-Rose,but I heard/read the same things regarding him last year(how great he was looking/playing) so I will hold off judgement until I see him play more than a few weeks,sorry…….I do wish him well tho’…….

9. rogerrodgers - Aug 3, 2014 at 1:13 AM

His knee is going to explode if he keeps that

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches