Aug 1, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
The Spurs’ 2013-14 NBA championship has already been overshadowed.
Not by LeBron James signing with the Cavaliers, possibly forcing San Antonio to open the season in Cleveland and delay its banner ceremony.
No, the Spurs’ players and coaches have been one-upped from within their own organization.
The Spurs Coyote was voted Mascot of the Year by his fellow mascots.
And of course, there’s his Robert Horry-esque clutch move to clinch the award. The eyes trick:
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 0
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8