Aug 1, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
The Spurs’ 2013-14 NBA championship has already been overshadowed.
Not by LeBron James signing with the Cavaliers, possibly forcing San Antonio to open the season in Cleveland and delay its banner ceremony.
No, the Spurs’ players and coaches have been one-upped from within their own organization.
The Spurs Coyote was voted Mascot of the Year by his fellow mascots.
And of course, there’s his Robert Horry-esque clutch move to clinch the award. The eyes trick:
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3