Aug 1, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
The Spurs’ 2013-14 NBA championship has already been overshadowed.
Not by LeBron James signing with the Cavaliers, possibly forcing San Antonio to open the season in Cleveland and delay its banner ceremony.
No, the Spurs’ players and coaches have been one-upped from within their own organization.
The Spurs Coyote was voted Mascot of the Year by his fellow mascots.
And of course, there’s his Robert Horry-esque clutch move to clinch the award. The eyes trick:
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 0
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10