Aug 1, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
The Spurs’ 2013-14 NBA championship has already been overshadowed.
Not by LeBron James signing with the Cavaliers, possibly forcing San Antonio to open the season in Cleveland and delay its banner ceremony.
No, the Spurs’ players and coaches have been one-upped from within their own organization.
The Spurs Coyote was voted Mascot of the Year by his fellow mascots.
And of course, there’s his Robert Horry-esque clutch move to clinch the award. The eyes trick:
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 7
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 7
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 19
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64