Aug 1, 2014, 9:44 AM EST
The Spurs’ 2013-14 NBA championship has already been overshadowed.
Not by LeBron James signing with the Cavaliers, possibly forcing San Antonio to open the season in Cleveland and delay its banner ceremony.
No, the Spurs’ players and coaches have been one-upped from within their own organization.
The Spurs Coyote was voted Mascot of the Year by his fellow mascots.
And of course, there’s his Robert Horry-esque clutch move to clinch the award. The eyes trick:
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13