Aug 1, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Sorry, Cavs fans. I hope you didn’t your hopes up for Corey Brewer
As the Cavaliers and Timberwolves wait out the Andrew Wiggins clock and negotiate the details of a Kevin Love trade, rumors about the exact terms of the deal have emerged. The latest: Brewer – rather than Kevin Martin or J.J. Barea – would be included in the trade.
Rather than get the most valuable player in that trio, Cleveland will have to try another option.
Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press:
Krawczynski, based in Minnesota, has been all over details of the Love trade. I’d take his word on this.
It also helps that logic dictates the Timberwolves – with leverage thanks to having Love – don’t want to dump a player with positive value like Brewer. Martin/Barea and Brewer sure aren’t mix-and-match pieces.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8