Aug 1, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
Sorry, Cavs fans. I hope you didn’t your hopes up for Corey Brewer
As the Cavaliers and Timberwolves wait out the Andrew Wiggins clock and negotiate the details of a Kevin Love trade, rumors about the exact terms of the deal have emerged. The latest: Brewer – rather than Kevin Martin or J.J. Barea – would be included in the trade.
Rather than get the most valuable player in that trio, Cleveland will have to try another option.
Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press:
Krawczynski, based in Minnesota, has been all over details of the Love trade. I’d take his word on this.
It also helps that logic dictates the Timberwolves – with leverage thanks to having Love – don’t want to dump a player with positive value like Brewer. Martin/Barea and Brewer sure aren’t mix-and-match pieces.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16