Aug 1, 2014, 5:44 PM EST
Sorry, Cavs fans. I hope you didn’t your hopes up for Corey Brewer
As the Cavaliers and Timberwolves wait out the Andrew Wiggins clock and negotiate the details of a Kevin Love trade, rumors about the exact terms of the deal have emerged. The latest: Brewer – rather than Kevin Martin or J.J. Barea – would be included in the trade.
Rather than get the most valuable player in that trio, Cleveland will have to try another option.
Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press:
Krawczynski, based in Minnesota, has been all over details of the Love trade. I’d take his word on this.
It also helps that logic dictates the Timberwolves – with leverage thanks to having Love – don’t want to dump a player with positive value like Brewer. Martin/Barea and Brewer sure aren’t mix-and-match pieces.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 12
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17