Aug 1, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Sorry, Cavs fans. I hope you didn’t your hopes up for Corey Brewer
As the Cavaliers and Timberwolves wait out the Andrew Wiggins clock and negotiate the details of a Kevin Love trade, rumors about the exact terms of the deal have emerged. The latest: Brewer – rather than Kevin Martin or J.J. Barea – would be included in the trade.
Rather than get the most valuable player in that trio, Cleveland will have to try another option.
Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press:
Krawczynski, based in Minnesota, has been all over details of the Love trade. I’d take his word on this.
It also helps that logic dictates the Timberwolves – with leverage thanks to having Love – don’t want to dump a player with positive value like Brewer. Martin/Barea and Brewer sure aren’t mix-and-match pieces.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23