Aug 1, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Sorry, Cavs fans. I hope you didn’t your hopes up for Corey Brewer
As the Cavaliers and Timberwolves wait out the Andrew Wiggins clock and negotiate the details of a Kevin Love trade, rumors about the exact terms of the deal have emerged. The latest: Brewer – rather than Kevin Martin or J.J. Barea – would be included in the trade.
Rather than get the most valuable player in that trio, Cleveland will have to try another option.
Jon Krawczynski of the Associated Press:
Krawczynski, based in Minnesota, has been all over details of the Love trade. I’d take his word on this.
It also helps that logic dictates the Timberwolves – with leverage thanks to having Love – don’t want to dump a player with positive value like Brewer. Martin/Barea and Brewer sure aren’t mix-and-match pieces.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 4
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 35
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 32
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25