Aug 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Nike does the outfitting for USA Basketball, and they’ve treated us to new uniforms for the squad in advance of the FIBA World Championships that will take place later this summer.
From the official release:
“As Nike World Basketball Festival and the FIBA Basketball World Cup approach, Nike proudly introduces the new USA Basketball uniform, the brand’s lightest uniform in history.”Infusing design innovation to maximize player performance, the Nike Hyper Elite uniform takes inspirational elements specific to the USA and Nike’s heritage to provide the team with a kit that tells a story.”The angle of USA graphic on the new uniform was inspired by the chevron of the classic Nike Windrunner track jacket that was born in 1978.
“Both the USA home and away uniforms feature red, white and blue hues meshed together in the 26-degree speed graphic – crossing the front of the game jersey, fading into a representation of the USA flag, and extending across the side of the game short from the front to the back. The speed graphic represents a distinctive basketball point of view, based on the roughly 1,000 directional changes, or “cuts” that a player might make in the course of a game.”
USA Basketbal 2014 Uniforms – Video Maker
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20