Aug 1, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Nike does the outfitting for USA Basketball, and they’ve treated us to new uniforms for the squad in advance of the FIBA World Championships that will take place later this summer.
From the official release:
“As Nike World Basketball Festival and the FIBA Basketball World Cup approach, Nike proudly introduces the new USA Basketball uniform, the brand’s lightest uniform in history.”Infusing design innovation to maximize player performance, the Nike Hyper Elite uniform takes inspirational elements specific to the USA and Nike’s heritage to provide the team with a kit that tells a story.”The angle of USA graphic on the new uniform was inspired by the chevron of the classic Nike Windrunner track jacket that was born in 1978.
“Both the USA home and away uniforms feature red, white and blue hues meshed together in the 26-degree speed graphic – crossing the front of the game jersey, fading into a representation of the USA flag, and extending across the side of the game short from the front to the back. The speed graphic represents a distinctive basketball point of view, based on the roughly 1,000 directional changes, or “cuts” that a player might make in the course of a game.”
USA Basketbal 2014 Uniforms – Video Maker
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 51
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18