Aug 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
When Dwyane Wade played last season, he played well — 20.8 points a game on a career best .588 true shooting percentage, with a PER still of 22. The issue was more how much he played, just 54 games. His knees are just not the same and need a lot of time off and rest, and even the three games a week pace of the NBA Finals seemed to wear his body down.
Next season Miami is going to have to ask more of him, so Wade is trying to make sure there is less of him — he’s dieting.
Wade, out as his youth camp, spoke to Ethan J. Skolnick of Bleacher Report about the upcoming season.
Dropping weight will help his knees, but only so much. He’s 32 and there’s not a lot of cartilage left. He can only do so much.
But that’s not what anyone wants to hear, so these are the tweets on Wade talking about LeBron James and his decision to return to Cleveland.
Wade’s ability to carry more load for Miami next season is one of the keys for that team. They need him to.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6