Aug 1, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
When Dwyane Wade played last season, he played well — 20.8 points a game on a career best .588 true shooting percentage, with a PER still of 22. The issue was more how much he played, just 54 games. His knees are just not the same and need a lot of time off and rest, and even the three games a week pace of the NBA Finals seemed to wear his body down.
Next season Miami is going to have to ask more of him, so Wade is trying to make sure there is less of him — he’s dieting.
Wade, out as his youth camp, spoke to Ethan J. Skolnick of Bleacher Report about the upcoming season.
Dropping weight will help his knees, but only so much. He’s 32 and there’s not a lot of cartilage left. He can only do so much.
But that’s not what anyone wants to hear, so these are the tweets on Wade talking about LeBron James and his decision to return to Cleveland.
Wade’s ability to carry more load for Miami next season is one of the keys for that team. They need him to.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 0
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3