Jul 31, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Now you’ve done it.
Kevin Durant, bombarded with questions about signing with his hometown Wizards in 2016, wants to quiet the noise.
You said yesterday that every time you go on Twitter and Instragram, people are needling you about going back to the Wizards. Bother your or a part of life?
It’s a part of it. I’m just going to delete my Twitter from my phone now, because I don’t want to take my focus off.
Is that a joke, or no?
That’s real. That’s not a joke.
It’s unclear whether Durant is using his phone to delete his Twitter account or deleting the Twitter app on his phone and leaving his account – and ability to use it from a computer – in tact.
As of this morning, Durant’s Twitter account was still up, but the last tweet:
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 0
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 1
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13