Jul 31, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
James Harden said everyone not himself or Dwight Howard on the Rockets were role players. Chandler Parsons, now of the Dallas Mavericks, wasn’t amused by that. Two guys that had been tight in Houston suddenly were having a little back-and-forth in the media.
Then they got together and talked.
Now it’s all good between them, something Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com got the pair to talk about.
“We’ve been in the casinos together and everything,” Parsons said to CSNNW.com. “We talked about it and it’s in the past. We’ve been hanging out, talking. We played on the same team a few times here, which was cool to get back out there with him. There are no hard feelings.”
“There was never really any back and forth,” Harden told CSNNW.com. “I never said anything about Chandler. Chandler is in Dallas right now. I was just talking about my teammates. No matter what, if the Rockets are playing good, Dwight and James get the praise. If we’re doing bad, Dwight and James gets the bulk of criticism. The media, I guess, took another story and ran with it. Chandler and me are cool. We’re good.”
And like most feuds, once two rational people sit down and talk for a minute, everything dissipates.
Harden is right that he and Dwight Howard will get the lion’s share of blame or credit for how the Rockets do, fair or not, but he basically reiterated that everyone but him and Howard are role players. True or not, guys in the locker room don’t like to hear that.
Once the season starts Harden will get a sense of how much he will miss Parsons, that was a real threat working off him and Dwight Howard and Trevor Ariza may not be able to fill those same shoes.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22