Jul 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The NBA was reportedly trying to nudge Dick Bavetta into retirement in 2010.
Four years later, Bavetta is apparently ready to hang ‘em up.
Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:
It’s fitting Bavetta reffed four years longer than the league wanted. It just helps preserve my memory him as stubborn.
But, for better or worse, he was also a character, and if he’s retiring, the NBA loses part of its personality.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49