Jul 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The NBA was reportedly trying to nudge Dick Bavetta into retirement in 2010.
Four years later, Bavetta is apparently ready to hang ‘em up.
Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:
It’s fitting Bavetta reffed four years longer than the league wanted. It just helps preserve my memory him as stubborn.
But, for better or worse, he was also a character, and if he’s retiring, the NBA loses part of its personality.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 17
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 23
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27