Jul 30, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The NBA was reportedly trying to nudge Dick Bavetta into retirement in 2010.
Four years later, Bavetta is apparently ready to hang ‘em up.
Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:
It’s fitting Bavetta reffed four years longer than the league wanted. It just helps preserve my memory him as stubborn.
But, for better or worse, he was also a character, and if he’s retiring, the NBA loses part of its personality.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50