Jul 29, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
It seems like an eternity ago Serge Ibaka came back from a calf injury that was supposed to end his postseason.
A lot has happened.
What hasn’t happened: Ibaka fully recovering.
B/R: So how are you feeling now?
SI: I’m not 100 percent back yet, but I’m getting better. I’m trying to get back in shape and it’s going to take time.
The NBA season doesn’t begin for another few months. There’s plenty of time for Ibaka to get healthy.
That he plans to represent Spain in the World Cup later this summer certainly says something about his rehab.
But Ibaka’s quick return left the door open for long-term complications. The way he played against San Antonio, it seemed he’d just healed more quickly than expected. But that wasn’t the case. He just rushed back and played through the injury.
Honestly, I’m surprised to see Ibaka answer the way he did. Hopefully, he’ll be fully recovered soon.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18