Jul 29, 2014, 9:22 AM EDT
It seems like an eternity ago Serge Ibaka came back from a calf injury that was supposed to end his postseason.
A lot has happened.
What hasn’t happened: Ibaka fully recovering.
B/R: So how are you feeling now?
SI: I’m not 100 percent back yet, but I’m getting better. I’m trying to get back in shape and it’s going to take time.
The NBA season doesn’t begin for another few months. There’s plenty of time for Ibaka to get healthy.
That he plans to represent Spain in the World Cup later this summer certainly says something about his rehab.
But Ibaka’s quick return left the door open for long-term complications. The way he played against San Antonio, it seemed he’d just healed more quickly than expected. But that wasn’t the case. He just rushed back and played through the injury.
Honestly, I’m surprised to see Ibaka answer the way he did. Hopefully, he’ll be fully recovered soon.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6