Jul 29, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
It seems like an eternity ago Serge Ibaka came back from a calf injury that was supposed to end his postseason.
A lot has happened.
What hasn’t happened: Ibaka fully recovering.
B/R: So how are you feeling now?
SI: I’m not 100 percent back yet, but I’m getting better. I’m trying to get back in shape and it’s going to take time.
The NBA season doesn’t begin for another few months. There’s plenty of time for Ibaka to get healthy.
That he plans to represent Spain in the World Cup later this summer certainly says something about his rehab.
But Ibaka’s quick return left the door open for long-term complications. The way he played against San Antonio, it seemed he’d just healed more quickly than expected. But that wasn’t the case. He just rushed back and played through the injury.
Honestly, I’m surprised to see Ibaka answer the way he did. Hopefully, he’ll be fully recovered soon.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8