Jul 29, 2014, 9:22 AM EST
It seems like an eternity ago Serge Ibaka came back from a calf injury that was supposed to end his postseason.
A lot has happened.
What hasn’t happened: Ibaka fully recovering.
B/R: So how are you feeling now?
SI: I’m not 100 percent back yet, but I’m getting better. I’m trying to get back in shape and it’s going to take time.
The NBA season doesn’t begin for another few months. There’s plenty of time for Ibaka to get healthy.
That he plans to represent Spain in the World Cup later this summer certainly says something about his rehab.
But Ibaka’s quick return left the door open for long-term complications. The way he played against San Antonio, it seemed he’d just healed more quickly than expected. But that wasn’t the case. He just rushed back and played through the injury.
Honestly, I’m surprised to see Ibaka answer the way he did. Hopefully, he’ll be fully recovered soon.
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 4
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 10
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 15
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18