Jul 29, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Despite their posturing, the Timberwolves are reportedly set on trading Love. They don’t want him getting injured before they can complete a deal, and they have to wait for the Cavaliers to be allowed to trade Andrew Wiggins.
That might explain Love taking it easy this summer.
I know Minnesota did tell Kevin, “You know what? It’s probably best you not play for this team.” And Kevin wholeheartedly agreed with that sentiment.
I believe the Timberwolves want Love to avoid injury. This is their last chance to get value for him
But their request didn’t necessarily affect the outcome.
Love isn’t exactly in the business of appeasing Minnesota right now. If he wanted to play, he would.
But the Timberwolves also asking him to sit out would only make his decision easier.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23