Jul 29, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Despite their posturing, the Timberwolves are reportedly set on trading Love. They don’t want him getting injured before they can complete a deal, and they have to wait for the Cavaliers to be allowed to trade Andrew Wiggins.
That might explain Love taking it easy this summer.
I know Minnesota did tell Kevin, “You know what? It’s probably best you not play for this team.” And Kevin wholeheartedly agreed with that sentiment.
I believe the Timberwolves want Love to avoid injury. This is their last chance to get value for him
But their request didn’t necessarily affect the outcome.
Love isn’t exactly in the business of appeasing Minnesota right now. If he wanted to play, he would.
But the Timberwolves also asking him to sit out would only make his decision easier.
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 6
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 12
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 10
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5