Jul 29, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
Despite their posturing, the Timberwolves are reportedly set on trading Love. They don’t want him getting injured before they can complete a deal, and they have to wait for the Cavaliers to be allowed to trade Andrew Wiggins.
That might explain Love taking it easy this summer.
I know Minnesota did tell Kevin, “You know what? It’s probably best you not play for this team.” And Kevin wholeheartedly agreed with that sentiment.
I believe the Timberwolves want Love to avoid injury. This is their last chance to get value for him
But their request didn’t necessarily affect the outcome.
Love isn’t exactly in the business of appeasing Minnesota right now. If he wanted to play, he would.
But the Timberwolves also asking him to sit out would only make his decision easier.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 0
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 5
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 13
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 26
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 8
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7