Jul 29, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Despite their posturing, the Timberwolves are reportedly set on trading Love. They don’t want him getting injured before they can complete a deal, and they have to wait for the Cavaliers to be allowed to trade Andrew Wiggins.
That might explain Love taking it easy this summer.
I know Minnesota did tell Kevin, “You know what? It’s probably best you not play for this team.” And Kevin wholeheartedly agreed with that sentiment.
I believe the Timberwolves want Love to avoid injury. This is their last chance to get value for him
But their request didn’t necessarily affect the outcome.
Love isn’t exactly in the business of appeasing Minnesota right now. If he wanted to play, he would.
But the Timberwolves also asking him to sit out would only make his decision easier.
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 8
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18