Jul 29, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Despite their posturing, the Timberwolves are reportedly set on trading Love. They don’t want him getting injured before they can complete a deal, and they have to wait for the Cavaliers to be allowed to trade Andrew Wiggins.
That might explain Love taking it easy this summer.
I know Minnesota did tell Kevin, “You know what? It’s probably best you not play for this team.” And Kevin wholeheartedly agreed with that sentiment.
I believe the Timberwolves want Love to avoid injury. This is their last chance to get value for him
But their request didn’t necessarily affect the outcome.
Love isn’t exactly in the business of appeasing Minnesota right now. If he wanted to play, he would.
But the Timberwolves also asking him to sit out would only make his decision easier.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4