Jul 27, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
LeBron James made the decision to return to Cleveland next season, but was undecided as to whether to stick with the number six he wore with the Miami Heat, or return to wearing 23 on his jersey the way he did in his first stint with the Cavaliers.
The choice has apparently been made, and was revealed by James himself via Instagram on Sunday.
The photo was captioned as follows:
“23 it is! It’s only right I go back. 2·3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness”
Michael Jordan, the game’s most famous No. 23, has no problem with LeBron’s decision.
It feels right, and more importantly, now the league can begin printing and shipping all those jerseys that flew off the shelves in the early days following LeBron’s initial announcement.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42