Jul 27, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
LeBron James made the decision to return to Cleveland next season, but was undecided as to whether to stick with the number six he wore with the Miami Heat, or return to wearing 23 on his jersey the way he did in his first stint with the Cavaliers.
The choice has apparently been made, and was revealed by James himself via Instagram on Sunday.
The photo was captioned as follows:
“23 it is! It’s only right I go back. 2·3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness”
Michael Jordan, the game’s most famous No. 23, has no problem with LeBron’s decision.
It feels right, and more importantly, now the league can begin printing and shipping all those jerseys that flew off the shelves in the early days following LeBron’s initial announcement.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3