Jul 27, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
LeBron James made the decision to return to Cleveland next season, but was undecided as to whether to stick with the number six he wore with the Miami Heat, or return to wearing 23 on his jersey the way he did in his first stint with the Cavaliers.
The choice has apparently been made, and was revealed by James himself via Instagram on Sunday.
The photo was captioned as follows:
“23 it is! It’s only right I go back. 2·3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness”
Michael Jordan, the game’s most famous No. 23, has no problem with LeBron’s decision.
It feels right, and more importantly, now the league can begin printing and shipping all those jerseys that flew off the shelves in the early days following LeBron’s initial announcement.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8