Jul 27, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
LeBron James made the decision to return to Cleveland next season, but was undecided as to whether to stick with the number six he wore with the Miami Heat, or return to wearing 23 on his jersey the way he did in his first stint with the Cavaliers.
The choice has apparently been made, and was revealed by James himself via Instagram on Sunday.
The photo was captioned as follows:
“23 it is! It’s only right I go back. 2·3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness”
Michael Jordan, the game’s most famous No. 23, has no problem with LeBron’s decision.
It feels right, and more importantly, now the league can begin printing and shipping all those jerseys that flew off the shelves in the early days following LeBron’s initial announcement.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16