Jul 27, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
LeBron James made the decision to return to Cleveland next season, but was undecided as to whether to stick with the number six he wore with the Miami Heat, or return to wearing 23 on his jersey the way he did in his first stint with the Cavaliers.
The choice has apparently been made, and was revealed by James himself via Instagram on Sunday.
The photo was captioned as follows:
“23 it is! It’s only right I go back. 2·3=6 We still family 6. #HomeTeam #StriveForGreatness”
Michael Jordan, the game’s most famous No. 23, has no problem with LeBron’s decision.
It feels right, and more importantly, now the league can begin printing and shipping all those jerseys that flew off the shelves in the early days following LeBron’s initial announcement.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3