Jul 27, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
It hasn’t been a great few days for USA Basketball. The list of players attending mini-camp in Las Vegas this week continues to dwindle, and even as the organization scrambles to add last-minute replacements, others seem to be falling off at the very same time.
“Atlanta Hawks all-star forward Paul Millsap has been added to the 2014-16 USA Men’s National Team roster and will participate in the July 28-Aug. 1 training camp in Las Vegas, USA Basketball National Team Managing Director Jerry Colangelo today announced. The U.S. team is scheduled to begin its 2014 preparations for the FIBA Basketball World Cup on July 28 in Las Vegas. USA Basketball will utilize the Las Vegas training camp to identify players for this summer’s USA World Cup Team. Additionally, USA Basketball announced that because of slightly strained groin injury, USA Select Team member Jimmy Butler will be unable to participate in the Las Vegas training camp.”
Again, none of these additions or subtractions are likely to matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. But it’s interesting how different NBA players view the importance of participating in USA Basketball to such varying degrees.
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7
- PBT Extra: Wizards’ backcourt owning matchup with Toronto 0