Jul 25, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Of course – barring Joe Dumars/Maurice Cheeks-level creativity/foolishness – Chicago can start just two.
I’m not sure on who’s starting and who’s finishing yet, and I’ve told all three of those guys – Here’s the thing, I know all three are going to have a significant role. I have 96 minutes there, and I look at all three of those guys as starters. So, we’ll see how it unfolds when we get to training camp and we let them play together.
It’s a great problem to have.
Thibodeau faces a tough decision about which of the two to start and use to close games.
Divvying up those 96 minutes between power forward and center won’t be easy, either.
In addition to Noah, Gasol and Gibson, Mirotic probably deserves a role. He might need some time to develop and get accustomed to the NBA, but also might be ready sooner than later.
Can Thibodeau keep all these players happy? That’ll be a big part of his job this season.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15