Jul 25, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Of course – barring Joe Dumars/Maurice Cheeks-level creativity/foolishness – Chicago can start just two.
I’m not sure on who’s starting and who’s finishing yet, and I’ve told all three of those guys – Here’s the thing, I know all three are going to have a significant role. I have 96 minutes there, and I look at all three of those guys as starters. So, we’ll see how it unfolds when we get to training camp and we let them play together.
It’s a great problem to have.
Thibodeau faces a tough decision about which of the two to start and use to close games.
Divvying up those 96 minutes between power forward and center won’t be easy, either.
In addition to Noah, Gasol and Gibson, Mirotic probably deserves a role. He might need some time to develop and get accustomed to the NBA, but also might be ready sooner than later.
Can Thibodeau keep all these players happy? That’ll be a big part of his job this season.
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 17
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 12
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10