Jul 25, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Of course – barring Joe Dumars/Maurice Cheeks-level creativity/foolishness – Chicago can start just two.
I’m not sure on who’s starting and who’s finishing yet, and I’ve told all three of those guys – Here’s the thing, I know all three are going to have a significant role. I have 96 minutes there, and I look at all three of those guys as starters. So, we’ll see how it unfolds when we get to training camp and we let them play together.
It’s a great problem to have.
Thibodeau faces a tough decision about which of the two to start and use to close games.
Divvying up those 96 minutes between power forward and center won’t be easy, either.
In addition to Noah, Gasol and Gibson, Mirotic probably deserves a role. He might need some time to develop and get accustomed to the NBA, but also might be ready sooner than later.
Can Thibodeau keep all these players happy? That’ll be a big part of his job this season.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 30
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 25
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 21
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22