Jul 25, 2014, 1:11 PM EDT
Of course – barring Joe Dumars/Maurice Cheeks-level creativity/foolishness – Chicago can start just two.
I’m not sure on who’s starting and who’s finishing yet, and I’ve told all three of those guys – Here’s the thing, I know all three are going to have a significant role. I have 96 minutes there, and I look at all three of those guys as starters. So, we’ll see how it unfolds when we get to training camp and we let them play together.
It’s a great problem to have.
Thibodeau faces a tough decision about which of the two to start and use to close games.
Divvying up those 96 minutes between power forward and center won’t be easy, either.
In addition to Noah, Gasol and Gibson, Mirotic probably deserves a role. He might need some time to develop and get accustomed to the NBA, but also might be ready sooner than later.
Can Thibodeau keep all these players happy? That’ll be a big part of his job this season.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85